• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Voice From the Past

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Received a phone call from V6 Jose this afternoon. He is sounding hale and hearty, wanting to talk about an interaction from "The guy that had a picture of his Alpine going two ways". That would be Nick O'Dell. There were a lot of interactions with Nick, many of them a bit on the testy side. Jose said that Nick made a comment about me and Jose responded. He said he was jumping in to my defense, but it did not come off that way and he wanted to apologize. I have no idea what he was referring to, but thanked him. We talked a bit about "real" Alpines and cars mislabeled with the Alpine label, i.e., the '69 Alpine Fastback. It seems Jose is entirely out of the Alpine game, does not even look at the websites.
Bill

Received a phone call from V6 Jose this afternoon. He is sounding hale and hearty, wanting to talk about an interaction from "The guy that had a picture of his Alpine going two ways". That would be Nick O'Dell. There were a lot of interactions with Nick, many of them a bit on the testy side. Jose said that Nick made a comment about me and Jose responded. He said he was jumping in to my defense, but it did not come off that way and he wanted to apologize. I have no idea what he was referring to, but thanked him. We talked a bit about "real" Alpines and cars mislabeled with the Alpine label, i.e., the '69 Alpine Fastback. It seems Jose is entirely out of the Alpine game, does not even look at the websites.
Bill
That's good to hear Jose is still kicking on strong.
He was a character and a great guy.
Is he still in Columbia or has he moved back stateside?

I wonder if he knew the sad news about JimE.

That is a voice from the past! I'm also happy to hear that he is hale and hearty!

I too think of him often and wish him well. I am reminded each day while working on my V6 Conversions the impact he had on my doing the V6 Alpine....

Jose returned to the States. Was living in the Seattle area, but when moss started to grow on his legs, he decided he needed a drier climate. Moved to the south eastern corner of Washington. Very dry climate, but enough rain to raise wheat, I'm guessing probably about 20" of rain per year. Did not mention Jim E, but I would not be surprised if Jose does not know of Jim's death. I got the impression he is totally off line, communicates by phone.
Bill

Wow, Jose probably lives within an hour or two from me. I would appreciate contact information via a PM.

Back