• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Virtual Sunbeam Invasion 2020

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I just recently pulled the plug at the body shop where the car has sat for the last 12 or 13 years. (Long story.) I need to do some work around the house before I can free up the garage space needed to get it out of the trailer, but the good news about the long delay at the body shop is that I have learned enough in the ensuing time to finish up most of the body work myself. Maybe the 2021 Invasion!
Jim, that is exactly why our car is turning into a fine example of driveable road rash, paint chips and general rust. I determined not to have the car for sale some day by a body shop that says the owner dropped it off for a rebuild XX years ago.
Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Well today would have been the first day of the Invasion. And of course the weather here is just perfect-sunny and temps around 76 degrees for the entire weekend! Get out and drive a Sunbeam (or any Rootes car) sometime this weekend and plan on joining us next year.

albeam

Donation Time
Hi All

I thought I'd attend this years cancelled invasion from sub tropical Queensland in Australia in my series iv. Car has scored a new set of tyres since this photo.Dropped down to old school 165x14 Brockleys with a period tread pattern.resize beam.JPG

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Took my wife out to dinner tonight and took some pictures.
Image-41-XL.jpg

And dinner, drive through only here in California.
Image-43-XL.jpg

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to all for your photos. It's not too late-we are invading the British car show this morning so take your car out for a drive today on our "Drive Your Sunbeam Day" and post a photo or two! Stay healthy and have fun.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
IMG_20190927_101554.jpg image000000_03.jpg From before they closed the Torrance Beach parking lot. It has been a really long time since I had more than one old car running at the same time. I'm not sure I liked the term Staycation....

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Warren I like the tire cover. Maybe Wackycation or Virtualcation are substitute terms for Staycation

I changed up my fly-n-rent plans and decided to virtually pull my Series III GT back with the proper tow vehicle. My 1963 Silver Cloud III with 24,xxx original miles.
upload_2020-4-4_9-34-16.png

Sunny day in Eastern Washington and I need to go on a self developing Cell Phone Camera Rally (CPCR). You know with points being earned for the cell phone photo matching the photographic task earns 1 point and sometimes 2 if judged to be very unique. All taken as you drive following the course directions.
Tasks like:
Spot an out of State license plate 1 point and 2 points if it is from Hawaii or Alaska.
Modern sports car 1 point and 2 points if it is an exotic like Ferrari or McLaren etc.
I've got to go get ready for my self made rally it starts at 11am (PSDT).

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, Moneypenny is sad she didn’t get to make the trip this year. Columbia’s a great show. I guess the virtual edition will have to do.

This was going to be the debut of the newly recovered Miata seats. Alas. There’s always next year.

6C4E90C9-D7B6-47C3-913F-466D46A9CD02.jpeg 586931B8-6941-4BAD-BEAD-FFA730A6FAE5.jpeg

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Best show I attended that I didn’t actually go to! Would have been my longest drive yet from Nova Scotia.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Took a long drive today in perfect weather. Missed a great photo op though. A local farmer has a DSC02683.JPG small herd of buffalo. They were close to the road when I went past and I thought I would drive a few more miles and come back and take a photo.
They had moved to another field by then.....
Thanks for coming to our Invasion and keep driving those Sunbeams and other Rootes cars!

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
IMG_0114.JPG IMG_0283.JPG I made it to Cayce at lease, got a ride around the block in a Caterham. Wish the show could have come off Great weather would have been enjoyed. Made it back to cool Wisconsin with virtually no traffic. Photo from SUNI in colorado

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Nice looking covers!

Did you buy the covers, then fit them yourself?

Yep. eBay covers, Amazon hog rings and an embarrassing number of hand cramps. I think they look surprisingly period for 1989 seats.

Slainte

Donation Time
Warren I like the tire cover. Maybe Wackycation or Virtualcation are substitute terms for Staycation

I changed up my fly-n-rent plans and decided to virtually pull my Series III GT back with the proper tow vehicle. My 1963 Silver Cloud III with 24,xxx original miles.
View attachment 19205

Sunny day in Eastern Washington and I need to go on a self developing Cell Phone Camera Rally (CPCR). You know with points being earned for the cell phone photo matching the photographic task earns 1 point and sometimes 2 if judged to be very unique. All taken as you drive following the course directions.
Tasks like:
Spot an out of State license plate 1 point and 2 points if it is from Hawaii or Alaska.
Modern sports car 1 point and 2 points if it is an exotic like Ferrari or McLaren etc.
I've got to go get ready for my self made rally it starts at 11am (PSDT).
I'm afraid this wins, in my book. Also, is a CPCR an actual thing? I do want it to be.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'd be interested in seeing the whole enchilada of the Rallye.
Hope it says , " Okay boy's and girls don't hold your phone and drive." :)

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm afraid this wins, in my book. Also, is a CPCR an actual thing? I do want it to be.

Cell Phone Camera Rally (CPCR) certainly could be an "actual thing" including getting from point A to B with the regular Rally instructions. Non-drivers snapping photos. I think it would be fun. A monumental job, but, what if all photos could be organized into categories and put up on a screen for participant viewing. Maybe the best photo taken or most humorous photo etc. Crazy ideas sometime become the Cat's (Tiger) meow or the Trek (Alpine) adventure of a life time.
Not that this is a competition here. It is an excellent idea from Eric and we are all able to participate and enjoy. Thanks Eric.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Well, Moneypenny is sad she didn’t get to make the trip this year. Columbia’s a great show. I guess the virtual edition will have to do.

This was going to be the debut of the newly recovered Miata seats. Alas. There’s always next year.

View attachment 19211 View attachment 19212

Greg, excellent! I'm so glad you recovered and installed these Miata seats. I have a set (with speakers) for my Lyrad (Series I platform) project. I have vacillated about using them because of the high backs and maybe it wouldn't look period correct. Your installation concludes my self-deliberations. I will recover and install. If you have the ebay link pm it to me please.

upload_2020-4-5_11-42-21.png