• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Virtual Sunbeam Invasion 2020

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
March 2020.jpg Since I am the organizer of the only Invasion ever cancelled due to a virus I thought I would now organize a virtual Invasion!
One week from today would have been the British car show featuring our Sunbeams. Instead, those that were planning to attend, please post a photo of the Sunbeam you were planning to bring to the Invasion and tell us a little about your car.
And anyone else wanting to post a photo of your Sunbeam, Hillman, or any other Rootes car feel free to do so. This is one Invasion that all of us can attend and hopefully some of these photos will find their way to next year's club calendar too.
I will start-I was going to bring my Harrington. I had just hand mounted new tires and tubes on my wire wheels and it now handles better than it has in years. Fresh tires make a big difference!
I took a long drive in it today and I can't think of a better way to enjoy a sunny day.
Here is hoping for more normal days and life as usual soon.
Thank you, Eric

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Eric, Here's my Blue Boy V6
Blue Boy with Front and Rear Disc Brakes    20200318_174454.jpg
Planned to bring along a rear axle assembly from one of my Alpines to display the rear Disc Brakes I have been working on to Show & Tell. See the below PIC'sBLue Boy Rear Disc installation - Rear Brake Caliper   20200304_175316.jpg Alpine Rear Disc Brackets by DanR                  20191121_164508.jpg Rear Disc wth fittings - calipers - rotors and brackets  20200229_175347.jpg Rear Disc wth fittings - calipers - rotors and brackets  20200229_175614.jpg

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Eric... Well for once i can attend and i will bring all my cars :-D

I'll bring the Tiger..
picture.php

index.php

Ill bring my Sii, but Jerry Logan will be driving:
index.php

And ill trailer the race car:
index.php

Last edited:

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Since I am the organizer of the only Invasion ever cancelled due to a virus I thought I would now organize a virtual Invasion!
One week from today would have been the British car show featuring our Sunbeams. Instead, those that were planning to attend, please post a photo of the Sunbeam you were planning to bring to the Invasion and tell us a little about your car.
And anyone else wanting to post a photo of your Sunbeam, feel free to do so. This is one Invasion that all of us can attend and hopefully some of these photos will find their way to next year's club calendar too.
I will start-I was going to bring my Harrington. I had just hand mounted new tires and tubes on my wire wheels and it now handles better than it has in years. Fresh tires make a big difference!
I took a long drive in it today and I can't think of a better way to enjoy a sunny day.
Here is hoping for more normal days and life as usual soon.
Thank you, Eric
Eric you sent me a msg that you have a lower dash rail for a S V with the vent brackets I was planning to come to the invasion but due to the virus it was cancelled do you still have it? I would like to have it. Let me know the price and shipping.

sd_pace

Donation Time
IMG_0188.JPG OK! I am here now sitting at the invasion having a beer great weather too!

1st Alpine - Steve Pace V6
2nd Alpine - DanR V6
3rd Alpine - Bill Blue Duratec
4th Alpine - Greggers V6

Last edited:

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jerry.. If you look at the post above you're tagged to drive the sii... Dont forget the handbrake! :p
Michael I did take note. But nothing will ever replace driving The Great Ocean Road, in Australia, in your Series II. Top down, sea breeze flowing through the cockpit, and twisty turns that elevate the adrenaline.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to all so far-what about all you other folks? Let's see some photos of your cars-the good, the bad, and the ugly. All are welcome at this Invasion!
So far Michael is the winner of the long distance award for this Invasion. Great photos!

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Not a Sunbeam, but a Rootes! My 1959 Singer Gazelle. I'm going to virtually drive from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. I've driven to all the shows I attend.
Attached pictures from Stowe, Vermont 2014 and Bristol, Rhode Island in 2018.Stowe 2014 with Bob.jpg Bristol, RI 2018.JPG

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I’m sure I would have had my SIV V6 finished in time to drive it to Columbia. It just needs a few things, like bodywork, paint, engine, transmission and an interior. But, it would definitely have been done if it hadn’t been for this damn virus!5658FD6D-D724-4465-A8BF-C2EB2CDB8837.jpeg2BBA9F9C-055B-43DB-903F-021B0C03EC6F.jpeg

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I’m sure I would have had my SIV V6 finished in time to drive it to Columbia. It just needs a few things, like bodywork, paint, engine, transmission and an interior. But, it would definitely have been done if it hadn’t been for this damn virus!View attachment 19164View attachment 19165
That looks a lot like mine.

I have the engine and trans, but they are pulled out to get the body work and paint done. Mine has two more cylinders.

Attachments

• s-l400 (7).png
    s-l400 (7).png
    274.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20200118_144500.jpg
    20200118_144500.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 30

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I just recently pulled the plug at the body shop where the car has sat for the last 12 or 13 years. (Long story.) I need to do some work around the house before I can free up the garage space needed to get it out of the trailer, but the good news about the long delay at the body shop is that I have learned enough in the ensuing time to finish up most of the body work myself. Maybe the 2021 Invasion!

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am supposed to take mine to the body shop at the beginning of May. If I am still out of work in a month, I won't be keeping that appointment. I don't want to tap my cash reserves for something like paint and body work just now.

Oh, and I already have a new interior from sunbeam specialties, and a new rebel wiring harness. I need to buy a few more odds and ends, but like I said, cash outlays are on hold.

Last edited: