• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

vintage races/car show

65beam

Donation Time
june 25/26 is the date for the vintage races at mid ohio. we have reserved an area for sunbeams. anyone from the area going to be there?

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob, Is Mid Ohio the name of the track? What part of Ohio is this located? DON'T SAY "THE MID"! lol

That woudl be a fun road trip to make!

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
vintage

todd,
it's mid ohio sports car course. located at lexington, ohio which is the south side of mansfield. it's about 50 miles north of columbus. exit at RT 97 off of I71. it's a major track with indy car, bike races, american lemans,scca,etc. they opened in 1962. 2.5 mile course. www.midohio.com i went to my first trans am race there in 1968. it's a real nice track. there are shows on saturday and also sunday. and yes todd, it is in the middle of the state.

Alpine.67

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mid-ohio

Bob: I will be at the track friday/sat and sunday. small group coming down from Toledo. I do not plan to have the big tent and be cooking all day, this year. just going for the VIP tickets. see you sat.

Brad & Michele

65beam

Donation Time
vintage races

brad,
we'll be there mid day friday. depends on how fast i can get jean moving. i'm going to go by the track first and take care of making sure my golf cart has a roof. i'll have an ez up in the trunk of the 69 so we'll have shade. see you then.

65beam

Donation Time
vintage race

bob,
she won't hurt me too bad! she sometimes see her first patient before i'm awake so i let her take it easy on days off. if i don't ,then she hurts me.

65beam

Donation Time
mid ohio vintage

the weather was great after all the friday rain cleared out. there was a tremendous turn out of all marques for saturday's british car show down. we had ten sunbeams show up. sunday was the judged concorse which included all cars. porsche was the featured marque this year so the porsche club showed up with many fantastic cars as did the datsuns. i didn't get a car count but there had to be at least 200 cars entered. our 69GT took second place in the JUDGES CHOICE BEST OF SHOW. first place went to a 1936 MG that is a past amelia island winner. geoff tedder had the water pump on his alpine break into many pieces at 6300 rpm as he was going into the carousel turn. all that was left attached to the engine was the housing with the bolts. it wiped out the radiator,tore up the alternator pulley and the fan blades cut two holes in the hood ( bonnet ). the pulley was still fastened to the pump shaft and he had it laying in the car. don sessler drove up with a friend of ours in our friends alpine on sunday and he and i spent quite awhile talking sunbeams. don was telling me about tigers united last week in california. the combination of great weather and great cars made a great weekend.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Congrats on taking 2nd with the '69 GT.

I've never heard of a Sunbeam water pump exploding like that. I'd love to see photos.

65beam

Donation Time
vintage races

there wasn't much left to look at. he told me that he was turning 6300 rpm's when it came apart. doug jennings and i were wondering if the stock series 5 fan blade may have broke first and then tore everything up. i had a blade break on a series 5 close to twenty years ago while cruising at 60 mph. got lucky and the blade went straight down and only scratched the cross member. we were about 20 miles from the house so we drove home but i thought the car would shake apart. i have several 4 blade fans hanging on the wall in my parts room that have cracks at the center. as far as the 69goes i think the color scheme catches peoples's eyes. and we do have a great body man.