• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Very interesting antique Sunbeam on eBay

Tullamore

Donation Time
88c6_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130154724919

History of car in Australia

28/10/1913 McGhees the Sunbeam agent had on display 25/30HP chassis. Peels Ltd of South Brisbane will build a body on purchase. Mr. EE White of Hamilton Brisbane suburb was the first owner. This information was obtained from the Brisbane Courier mail (motoring section)

Not sure of exact history from 1913 to 1953 where the Sunbeam was found along with two other 1913 Sunbeams just north of Brisbane name not available. The Guthrie family of Brisbane purchased the three Sunbeams with the option of purchasing one other, however when they went to pick it up the owner had just sold it to another person. On 1959 the three Sunbeams were sold to George Gilltrap of Coolangatta Queensland and the cars were on display in his motor showroom Gilltrap sold the three Sunbeams to Mr. Janis Palfreman a collector of Silver Ghosts, he really only wanted the bodies from the sunbeams so he could put on the Ghost Chassis, but only one body was used, which happens to be the one off my chassis. In 1963. Janis Palfreman gave the Sunbeams to dad (George) to sell, the two with the bodies on, dad sold very quickly to members of the VCC of Australia, they are still the same Owners to this day.

Well on my birthday Dad gave me the Sunbeam November 1963. It has been in storage from 1963 to 2000, when work was started on the restoration. It is now complete.

I tried to collect information on previous Owners through the department of Motor Transport Queensland, however their records only go back 20 years.

Racing history to Follow: -

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
YES I saw this and words were not quite good enough.Way back about 1980 I was offered a 1925 Sunbeam.Just couldn't afford it.It went to Scotland
Have to suffer with the 1929 Ford Model A roadster that is my wifes car

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
I'm having some technical problems preventing me from accessing ebay at the moment, so can't read the full text, but Tootles was a nickname given to some of the early Sunbeam racing cars. There were a few different Tootles over the years. Tootles IV was presumably the fourth car to bear the name.

Edit: Thinking about it further it was "Toodles", not "Tootles"!