• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

VENEZIA Movie and Article

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
Just got an email that in the January issue of magazine "Klassiek & Techniek" there will be an article about Venezia.
Already on youtube you can see it all:

Enjoy, Robert

pruyter

Donation Time
Just got an email that in the January issue of magazine "Klassiek & Techniek" there will be an article about Venezia.
Already on youtube you can see it all:

Enjoy, Robert
In fact this article will be placed in the February issue and the magazine can be bought from the 26th of January.
Regards,
Peter

ALC 68A

Donation Time
The Venezia has an elegant profile, but I have always thought that there is something unfinished about the front end. It would have looked better if the blank spaces beside the grille had been filled with side grilles like the Rapier, or perhaps a pair of inset lights like a Jaguar Mk II. To me, the open intakes over the headlights also look as if there should be something in them. However, in view of the high cost and low production, plus performance that didn't match the styling, how did Rootes ever expect to make any profit on the Venezia?

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
There were more plans, as is indicated in a contract letter to Ford. Roots mentioned the use of the 289 for the Tiger as well as the Venezia. Also a roadster was mentioned as a possibility. But both companies were on the brink of bankruptcy due to other causes. For Rootes the costs of the IMP production and for Touring labor problems and strikes.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The Venezia has an elegant profile, but I have always thought that there is something unfinished about the front end. It would have looked better if the blank spaces beside the grille had been filled with side grilles like the Rapier, or perhaps a pair of inset lights like a Jaguar Mk II. To me, the open intakes over the headlights also look as if there should be something in them. However, in view of the high cost and low production, plus performance that didn't match the styling, how did Rootes ever expect to make any profit on the Venezia?

Agree. The area over the headlight looks very SuperMinx-ish, like there could/should have been a lens there. As far as potential profit/loss goes, I think most of the investment and risk was with SuperLeggera.