• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

valve covers

conanhomer

Gold Level Sponsor
passing on some info to all interested- I have been trying to find chrome valve covers for my 2.8. finally found some at a place called Parts Train! only $38! got them last week- a perfect fit FOR A 428 C.I they insisted that it would fit, ended up accepting a return.
I contacted their manufacturer- Racing Power Products- they have never made covers for a 2.8!
if anyone knows how I can get the correct covers, please let me know. Mike

gordonra

Donation Time
I believe that Kelly Mathis has an extra set he may part with. I'm not sure of the condition.

Rich

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a chrome plating shop here in Greenwood, SC that does my stuff.

If interested let me know and I'll ask what they would charge for a set of valve covers. You furnish and what condition they are in.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

I don´t think anyone makes chrome rocker covers for the 2.8 V6. You will need to find a shop that will chrome yours for you. If you want to clean them up (they have little hangers to mount the spark plug wires), you can either drill out the spot welds, then weld the holes up and grind them smooth, or you can see it you can use a small chizel to knock them off and sand them smooth before chroming.

Jose

passing on some info to all interested- I have been trying to find chrome valve covers for my 2.8. finally found some at a place called Parts Train! only $38! got them last week- a perfect fit FOR A 428 C.I they insisted that it would fit, ended up accepting a return.
I contacted their manufacturer- Racing Power Products- they have never made covers for a 2.8!
if anyone knows how I can get the correct covers, please let me know. Mike