• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vader is sold

Jim E

Donation Time
Sorry to the folks who were trying to buy the car but of all people my sister and her man said they had to have it and laid the cash on me... I hope they get involved with the site and club... funny thing is they are looking to buy a trailer... go figure...

Jim E

Donation Time
Working on moving back to Ohio so we can have real beers.... hoping to be out of here by early fall

Jim E

Donation Time
Oh and I told my brother in law to join and post pictures of his new car... thought it would be a hoot.. "Hi, I am new to Alpines and wanted to show everyone the car I just bought...

Jim E

Donation Time
By the way the money is burning a hole in my pocket.... looking a a much modified 5.0 stang... since my first choice a big block 32 ford high boy is out of my price range...

Jim E

Donation Time
Thanks Scott but it has been so long since I have played Alpines not sure how useful my info would be, am sure there are plenty of folks on here who can input better more up to date info than me... still lot of folks on here who I never want to lose touch with.

SDuncan

Donation Time
I got to "meet" your OGM at Nick's in Phoenix this past February. It was neat to see that blast from the past, and know it is in a good home. I think I still have the Grassroots Motorsport issue where it was in the Reader's Rides section.

Jim E

Donation Time
Did he finish it? was just thinking about that car... man did it go thru some changes

Jim E

Donation Time
Did you ever see it when it was a twin side draft weber high compression gas eatting sumbitch... recall driving to a meet with Eric G. he was in his Tiger and I had to stop for gas more often than he did...

SDuncan

Donation Time
I'll let Nick tell what he has done to the car, but I remember a pretty cool 4-link rear axle and some big brakes on the front.

I vaguely remember the process that brought you to the point of deciding on the V6.

Jim E

Donation Time
The thing that brought me to the dark side was I was rebuilding the 4 banger every season of course I was beating the hell out of it every season.. still I look back with fondness on the 4... was fun when you had a high strung Alpine four that on the freeway if you hit it it leaped... it just never lived very long... I could do that again.. sounds like he built a killer waiting to find out about it

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Jim,

Good to have you back. To answer your question, no. The project is stalled due to non-darkside influences... I have been able to accumulate many of the parts I'll need to complete it, as budget allowed. Main thing missing is the right trans. Have 2 engines plus the one in the blue car. Hoping to start again in Fall.

Right now I have stuff to do for my blue car. Needs of the blue car:Rewire with Paul's kit & change the axle ratio.

As Scott said, it now has Wilwood 4 piston calipers with 11" vented discs and QA1 adjustable shocks up front, Ford 8.8" narrowed axle with the 4 link and coil overs and rear discs. I had the Mod Tiger frame reinforcements welded in. Engine was a reserve spare from a Capri race car. Bench dyno'd at 273 hp and 240 lb/ft but I'm going to re-cam it and probably change the pistons. Hope to keep 225+, but we'll see. (FYI I have the turbo stuff in a box if anyone is interested....:D) NASCAR 390 double pumper. Heads were flowed and it's got roller rockers. When it's done I'm just going to use it for quick trips to the market for peanut butter and stuff.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jim, think of you often, wondering where you might be and when you'll be back. Moving to Ohio, does that mean you have found a job that is located in only one time zone?

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
13 comments in only a couple of hours! No one here could ever start a conversation like Jim E!

Congratulations on the sale, Jim, but don't wander too far. Much of this place is about more than cars.

alpine_64

Donation Time
E Man,

Sad to see it go.. but glad it's in the family... pitty.. i was thinking a RHD V6 GT alpine would be a nice roundoff for the collection!

Speak soon.. does this mean Sunbeam Parts Storage SC is closing? :eek:

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Sunbeam Auto Restoration closed a few months ago, didn't they(?), and now Sunbeam Parts Storage SC is closing?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hey Big Jim!

It is great to see you posting again. We have missed your input. I hope we have the pleasure of having you posting again.

Are you now working for a different company, or is it that your job has sent you to Ohio to do another job? I sure would love to see you again at the October Invasion.

Jose

Jim E

Donation Time
Still storing parts for down under...

Just want to move to Ohio because... well you can grow a nice tomato there that and I have conections in Ohio.

Still working the same job well for the last year and a half or so, traveling all over installing TVs and HD systems in hotels, I also tend to get tossed into messes so to speak.. things not going well send Jim... All I need is an airport looks like I may need one soon felling like British Columbia is in the works in the very near future. I work for a company out of Canada that is really doing well no dept and making money, went from a contract employee to a real emploee not long ago!!

Thought Vader was going to go to south FL a fellow on here really wanted it but we both travel for work a lot and could not hook up, then my sister and her fellow said they wanted it and I could not refuse. Bugs me a little that they want a covered trailer to drag it around in but she has MS pretty bad so riding in it to events and such might be pretty hard on her. I really think they are in for a real suprise when they take it for a spin...

Not sure what is in store for me as far as my next toy, going to look at a 89 5.0 stang this weekend that looks box stock on the outside but has be much tinkered with, we will see.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Jim, Where does your sister live? She is always welcome with the Sunbeam gang where ever she is. If she is local I would love ot meet her and help her if she ever needs it.

Cheers,