• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Vacuum Can Adjuster

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
My Cardone dizzy came with an adjustable vacuum can, well, not adjustable enough. Turning an adjuster inside the can would not get me fewer than 14 degrees of advance. For my application, 8-10 degrees of advance is all that’s needed. The solution is to drill and tap a hole into the canister adjuster arm to limit its movement. Easy enough to do and by using a hex head screw and spring for tension, external adjustments with an Allen Wrench can easily be made.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DQLAtnUSZhmEgxmcA

Last edited:

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Mike, I like how you show others what you have done with pictures! Very helpful! Now if you replace the Duraspark control box with external mount 4 pin HEI when it fails, you can throw away the ballast resistor too.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mike, I like how you show others what you have done with pictures! Very helpful! Now if you replace the Duraspark control box with external mount 4 pin HEI when it fails, you can throw away the ballast resistor too.

I like the way you think Jim :)

...... those Duraspark modules don’t have a reputation for lasting long (I’m on my second one) so switching over to something simpler and more reliable will be welcome, and, hopefully it’ll be the last component under the hood to sort out (well, for awhile ).

Last edited:

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
My first V6 I used a MSD Ign mounted above the passenger footwell
Worked great ! Will probably do the same when my new build gets closer