• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

v8 conv in the rosd

bluoval

Donation Time
Jose I want to thank you. I finaly got the Alpine fine tuned and on the road after a 5 year build. I am realy impressed with the way it handels and the power the little v6 puts out. It is a real dream to drive. a lot better than my Tiger. Even though it doesnt have the 350 hp the Tiger has. The built v6 with 4.22 gears realy make the Alpine get up and go. thank you Earl bluoval

bluoval

Donation Time
pistond

Hi Robbie Yes the 2.8 was bored 30 over and Has 10 to 1 pistons but also has a thick head gasket to lower the comp ratio a little also heads were ported polished and 2.8 ss valves with hardened seats, also drilled the heads for cooling then used the Jose delta cam.I did not stroke the crank. Im not sure the cam grind is severe enough. for this engine, and the gear ratio I have. I do know now that the 1st gear of the 95 must V6 t5 is too low for this motor. I can start in 2nd gear with no problem. I will have to get the motor broke in then I will know where my power band realy is. and if the cam is correct for this motor.. gook luck Earl blu oval

bluoval

Donation Time
pistons

Hi Robbi I do not remember the brand name of the pistons. They were purchased from team Blitz ,you can find them online . Earl blu oval

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Earl,

I´m glad you´re happy with your V6 Alpine. When the engine gets loosened up, you will find that the cam I recommend will be what you were looking for. There are more radical cams out there, but I find that this cam is about as big as you can go for the street, without having tractibility issues. It is what they used to call (back in the fourties and fifties) a 3/4 race cam, not a full race cam. This cam will come alive at 3,000 rpm, and should pull all the way to 7,000 rpm. I would suggest having your Alpine dynoed after it is broken in, so you can get the maximum out of it.

If you are going to use a set of 4.22´s in your Alpine,I recommend using the 1979-1993 5.0 V8 T5, so you can get a higher first gear, then fifth will still a be relaxed cruise. This is my prefered combination, but not everyone wants it.

I am so glad that you´ve finally gotten it running. Would you please send me some pictures so I can add them to my collection? Thanks a lot.

Jose

Jose I want to thank you. I finaly got the Alpine fine tuned and on the road after a 5 year build. I am realy impressed with the way it handels and the power the little v6 puts out. It is a real dream to drive. a lot better than my Tiger. Even though it doesnt have the 350 hp the Tiger has. The built v6 with 4.22 gears realy make the Alpine get up and go. thank you Earl bluoval

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey congrats, Earl.
Since you have no project now :rolleyes:, I just haul mine over for you to do.:eek::D