• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V8 Alpine

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
That's a very nice, simply laid out car!

What kind of seats are you using and how much modding did you have to do to get them to fit? Do they bolt onto the original seat rails?

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Looks Awesome, great job. I wish you were closer so I could see it in person. Plus one on the, peak under the hood.

tigretr

Donation Time
Good looking install. I would however suggest replacing both aluminum 90 degree bends going to your radiator with an actual piece if hose. Between the aluminum tube welded to the thermostat housing and the limited amount of rubber hose in the couplings, there is nowhere for that system to flex. What you see at idle or driveway revving pales in comparison to what that motor will do while banging gears. I have a feeling you will be fixing cracked welds on the thermostat housing on a regular basis or repairing your radiator. I had a quasi similar situation on my fuel rail where I had a steel braided fuel line without a service loop in it. The motor pushing and pulling on it eventually broke a weld on my fuel rail allowing 52psi of fuel to soak my headers, while at the race track. I got really lucky my car didnt go up in flames. You probably won't find just the right water hose to meet your needs, but go to the auto parts store and look at all the different hoses. I bet you will find a hose that has the bends you need somewhere along its length. Cut off what you don't need and install. Worked for me when designing my cooling system. Just food for thought. Looks like your roll bar passes the broomstick test too which is a great thing in an Alpine. Keep it shiny side up and enjoy.