• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 Conversion Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
What is everybody doing with regard to the oil pressure sending unit on V6 conversions where you have replaced the instrument panel gauges...assuming you aren't staying with the stock gauge setup with the oil line, etc.?

I've replaced all the instruments and am now trying to figure out how to install the pressure sending unit...in my case, I need a conventional dome shaped resistive sending unit and the one I have has too large of a diameter to fit under the engine block mount bracket....I could as a last resort have my oil pressure gauge converted to a transducer type and use a much smaller electronic sensor but I'd like to avoid that as I already have the car wired and don't want to mess with that at this point.

Has anyone found a small enough conventional sending unit that will work or added some elbows, or extensions, to get one to fit?

Beamin

Platinum Level Sponsor
i don’t know the specific make of this sender, but I’ve got it hooked up to a VDO gauge. The copper line loops back under the motor mount and screws into the block.

Attachments

• 413C6E1B-DDDC-4643-81F2-0F791988B47B.jpeg
    413C6E1B-DDDC-4643-81F2-0F791988B47B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17