• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

V6 1967 Alpine

pembertonltd8

Donation Time
I would like to find out what most people are using to improve the brakes on the V6 Alpine. I am running a dual reservoir system in it. Some people have suggested a Dodge Colt master cylinder and I have also read that there are some power boosters out there. I am hoping to make my braking system stop the car a bit better than it does, I have a lot of pedal distance and not sure what would happen if I had to make a real sudden braking in the car. Also what do you suggest to making the ride a bit smoother, I really notice a hard wide when I hit a pot hole or something like that. Thanks for the help

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
The original brake system is actually pretty good. Minimal brake pedal travel if things are adjusted properly. I can lock up the tires if I get on the brakes hard. Maybe the dual master isn't appropriate (piston size). Is the brake system in good working order and properly adjusted? With a refurbished suspension system, an Alpine will ride as well as any modern car except for maybe a luxury cruiser. I have taken probably 3o+ people for rides and almost every one of them has commented on how smooth the ride is.

67BEAMR

Bronze Level Sponsor
Ok members are goes a long term project;
Red S5 to become a Cologne V6.
Engine mounts; I can make, but what if someone has dimensions or advice? My goal will be to keep a low center of gravity with the oil pan clearing the ground at the same point as the 1725. I made a pair of mounts in 197020200720_130653_HDR.jpg for a V8 S3, but lost my project to join the Save the people of Vietnam death March.
My project was purchased summer of 2020 in Washington State. The body evidences a stored vehicle with a history of love. 1st front skirt I've seen looking like new. New convertible top and seats. No engine. Has trans and overdrive.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan Richardson has motor mounts that really take the guess work out of positioning. Pretty straight forward if your welding them in. Also the trans mount is the best for T5 or others.