• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

USPS Priority Mail

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Service seems to be degenerating. I've bought two items on Ebay in the last few days. Both were shipped by USPS Priority Mail with 4 day delivery. One item sat in the local (Altanta) Post Office for four days before processing and the other in its local Office for two days. Anybody else seen this problem?

Bill

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Bill,
You hit a nerve there about USPS. I shipped a plastic grill for a Duster that was packaged extremely well (Wood reinforcement inside the box) and yes the Gorillas at the USPS managed to break it in two places. Long story short since I had it insured for $500 (Cost of a replacement) a claim was started on September 9, 2020. They denied the claim 60 days later stating that we did not give the package and contents to them for inspection and no paperwork was filed from that office which we did. So I appealed it and here we are THREE months later and still no resolution. I will never ever use the USPS for something large or fragile. I am out a grill and the buyer is out his monies.
Guy

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I signed up for Informed Delivery when it became available. I have always seen many examples of USPS issues. Packages sitting at a location for days. Packages getting routed incorrectly through multiple local post offices before finally getting to the right post office. Packages arriving at the post office in plenty of time but not getting sent out for delivery. Packages getting updated to a delivered status but not showing up at my house.

I think the issues have increased some lately, but things weren't very good before anyways.

Expect longer delivery times during the holiday time period.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
LOL and y'all say no political speech. Make health care like the USPS or the DMV rather than address tort reform. I had a lost item I filed the paperwork, included was two pictures and a description , "cadium plated steel," I got back a response "please add a description," Like they had a clue that if I had said, "Sunbeam car part for the remote oil filter block attachment,'' they could then know what to look for. I guess a picture is not worth 1000 words... The insurance never paid off either.