• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Upper dashboard panel install?

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Is there a procedure for installing the threepiece upper dashboard panel?

Attachments

• IMG_20211118_190626.jpg
    IMG_20211118_190626.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20211118_190650.jpg
    IMG_20211118_190650.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20211118_190631.jpg
    IMG_20211118_190631.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 53

mikephillips

Donation Time
No not really. When I've done them I've also been doing the dash pad replacement. So you make sure the back of the dash pad is wrapped around and glued to the bottom of the cowl. The center piece covers the end glued there. You should see some holes in the panel that line up with holes in the bottom of the cowl, provided they came from that car. If not you may have to drill new ones to line them up, 1/8 inch diameter. They were originally pop rivetted on place, I used stainless 1/8 rivets. Do the same for the two side pieces. Bend them a little if necessary to conform to the sheet metal. Now I could not source the original type fabric covering, the local auto interior shops told be it was obsolete and they couldn't obtain any so I used the thinnest vinyl to cover them I could find.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
No not really. When I've done them I've also been doing the dash pad replacement. So you make sure the back of the dash pad is wrapped around and glued to the bottom of the cowl. The center piece covers the end glued there. You should see some holes in the panel that line up with holes in the bottom of the cowl, provided they came from that car. If not you may have to drill new ones to line them up, 1/8 inch diameter. They were originally pop rivetted on place, I used stainless 1/8 rivets. Do the same for the two side pieces. Bend them a little if necessary to conform to the sheet metal. Now I could not source the original type fabric covering, the local auto interior shops told be it was obsolete and they couldn't obtain any so I used the thinnest vinyl to cover them I could find.
Mike the thin material that is not available may be found in some antique car shops it looks like something I saw in an old Ford from the 20’s

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
I just installed a new dash cover also and couldn't figure where that center piece was supposed to go. It won't go in place without unattaching the dash panel though I suppose I could trim the forward side back and get it in. There aren't and holes up there and there wasn't anything up there when I dismantled it in the first place. Unless your standing on your head you can't see up there anyway.

Attachments

• 11-11-2021.jpg
    11-11-2021.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 11-11-2021a.jpg
    11-11-2021a.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 38