• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Updated information on the TE/AE United in Dayton Ohio

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Spot the Sunbeam!

We got here last night and here is the Sunbeam parking lot-it will hold over 100 cars. We will have to get these military vehicles to move out of here by tomorrow!
Have a safe trip everyone and see you soon.

Attachments

• Military vehicles.jpg
    Military vehicles.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 23

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Have a wonderful time and please post regular updates and photos for those of us who can't make it. We'll just have to try to enjoy the event vicariously.

mikephillips

Donation Time
With the humidity supposed to feel like 104-105 today. But, supposed to break overnight and be less humid with temps in the mid to upper 80s

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
George it is cooler here than down South-feels good. Have a safe trip. Easy drive up here yesterday-about 9 hours and only construction was just a little in WV and it didn't slow traffic. Make sure you come up through Gallipolis, Ohio on Route 35 to Dayton, great 4 lane road to get here with zero traffic.
Sorry you won't make it Jim-I will try to post info during the United. It's going to be fun!

65beam

Donation Time
info

there are now two harringtons. another came in today. there is also a series 4,a series 5 and a fastback alpine GT,

mikephillips

Donation Time
For those of you who couldn't attend you missed a good one. Biggest event I've been to in a long time. With locals not affiliated with us there were around 100 cars at the show and registered attendance, counting day passes pushed 200 people. Weather was perfect for the 4 days too.

Got to see a lot of folks I know and meet many new to a United. And while there were a few bumps in the road everyone had a grand time and no one went home unhappy. At some point I'm sure someone will have photobucket or some such thing with pictures we can link to.

Guys, plan to attend next year if you can, I'd love to see a United as big or bigger in Atlanta.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
To me, it seemed the obvious bumps in the road were directly related to the huge turnout. If your going to have problems, that's the best kind to have.

The TE/AE crew and hotel staff did an excellent job of coping.

Bill

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Certainly happy that I made the effort to be at the United, even though my car was at home in the garage.[ Series II v6 ]
Met several people known only as names on the forum and had a chance to talk w/ Don Sessler, 1964 SCAA-F production, national champ, in a Series III.
By far the largest turn out of Tigers and Alpines in their various engine setup's I have seen,
so kudos' to those who worked so hard to make it happen. The choice of the park was excellent.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Doug,

Why did you leave your Alpine home?

Jose

Certainly happy that I made the effort to be at the United, even though my car was at home in the garage.[ Series II v6 ]
Met several people known only as names on the forum and had a chance to talk w/ Don Sessler, 1964 SCAA-F production, national champ, in a Series III.
By far the largest turn out of Tigers and Alpines in their various engine setup's I have seen,
so kudos' to those who worked so hard to make it happen. The choice of the park was excellent.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Greetings Jose,
It's that A/C thing when my wife is along for long rides. I did look over some A/C installations in Pete's v6 and Bill Blues 2.5 Fusion. I know it is going to happen but at 100 today, it is too hot to do anything serious.

65beam

Donation Time
info

bill,
I don't think anyone could top what Jill Jennings did in the hospitality room. she was moving faster than a tiger.