• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Updated information on the TE/AE United in Dayton Ohio

mikephillips

Donation Time
Folks, Early registration time is running out, July 1st will be here in less than 10 days. Not only will the price go up, but anyone who wants shirts for the event, or free ones for the car show will be out of luck. There may be some extras for the United, but no guarantees. So if you haven't yet, get those registrations in!!

We'd love to see as many as can make it show up. Right there are over 50 cars, not counting locals who may show but not be part of the event, and over 100 people registered. So don't miss what should be the biggest Sunbeam event of the summer!!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the update Mike. Also our block of hotel rooms will expire on July 9th and 70 rooms are sold so far with only 30 left as of today. This will be the largest Sunbeam gathering in the country this year!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I was just told they are out of rooms for our reserved block. That means they sold 30 rooms in one day????

65beam

Donation Time
ohio

todd,
this happened recently and I found that the front desk was confused. this happened another time today and I sent an e mail this evening asking for clarification. I will talk to them Wednesday to see where the problem is. were you able to get a room reserved? I got the updated list of room reservations yesterday and we had 30 rooms left.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
hotel

todd,
there are rooms available. the list we have been getting from the hotel shows only rooms booked for the four nights. there are two nights that all 100 rooms have been booked and two nights that show a few rooms available. this is due to some folks only being at the united for a couple days. since we have a cut off date of july 9 for our rate the hotel will continue to add availability up to july 9 as long as they still have rooms left to rent. anyone intending to book a room needs to do so ASAP. please send your united registration to Mike Phillips by july 1 so he can get a count to the british car show organizers so they can order shirts. we have a contact name of Jelani at the hotel if you run into problems. you can also call me @740-978-8575

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob,

Does this mean they will honor the $99 rate or is the rate now $138? I was told last night that there are rooms available but they were at the $138 rate.

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
united

todd,
the rate is 99.00. please book NOW and if you encounter a problem ask for Jelani. we do have rooms.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob,

I am booked. When you call the motel and ask to make a reservation they then transfer you to an offsite reservation desk. They did not have any updated information from the motel so I had to get them to call the motel. What may be misleading is they are saying they have rooms available for the event at the rates promised but they only have king beds at those rates. So if you ask for a room with two double beds they are saying they are sold out for our blocked off rooms. FYI

The motel made it work so George Coleman and I will be there on Thursday!

Look forward to seeing ya'll!

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
united

todd,
that's good news ! we wouldn't want George sleeping in the car. we're at the point where we exhausted rooms for a couple nights but the hotel is working with us. are you both bringing sunbeams?

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, We will both be bringing Alpines. I think I am bringing the yellow one but not sure. He has pre-registered. Mine will go out today!

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
united

it should be quite a time. 100 + rooms of people and sunbeams everywhere. I booked the largest meeting rooms for hospitality and the parts room. we may also have to take over the bar .

65beam

Donation Time
united

George,
you need to remember that a lot of folks on the east side of Dayton are not Scottish.

mikephillips

Donation Time
We're getting closer and closer. Right now we have around 150 folks coming, 47 Tigers, 26 Alpines and 7 other Rootes. The Dayton show has never seen a turnout of Sunbeams like this. We'd love to have as many of you as can come so if you're thinking of coming, get those reservations in!!

mikephillips

Donation Time
Guys, as of today there are 101 registrations for this event, nearly 90 cars and over 170 people. There's still time to join us at will be the biggest Sunbeam event in the US in a long time. If you can't, but can be in the local area Saturday, admission to the show without a car is free so stop by and see us.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Mike, Bob and Eric,

Does the registration fee include the registration fee for the car show on Saturday? Do we need to register for it separately?

Cheers,

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
The car show registration cost is included in the United registration fee. We wanted to make it as easy as possible! Remember the TN Invasion car show?? That was dual registration and a headache for some......

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
United Special

AC air cleaner housings as seen on CAT Vendor Forum and eBay available for $450 shipping included contact wjtwgoodman at America on line dot com for details. Thanks Warren

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Tiger Air Cleaner Raffle at the United

We have a new reproduction Tiger air cleaner from Lee ,Warren, and Bruce who are the AC Filter Housing Partners that we will be selling raffle tickets for at the United! We will also have information on how to order your own at the special United price of $450 during the United. These are exact reproductions and you will be able to see one up close.

Last edited: