• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Trunk Luggage

Limey

Donation Time
Following my search for a map pocket I found thes pics I took of the super rare Alpine accessory luggage

Attachments

• DSCF1949.JPG
    DSCF1949.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Copy of DSCF1947.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1947.JPG
    487 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF1946.JPG
    DSCF1946.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF1948.JPG
    DSCF1948.JPG
    440.3 KB · Views: 76

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Neat'O.... The top/lid is contoured to fit the Boot/trunk lid it looks like.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Its cool to see... But when you design fitted luggage like that.. You realise you need to redesign the boot area. .... Roll on series 3 ! :p

65beam

Donation Time
I can tell you guys never have your wife travel with you. Many of us spent quite a bit of time packing the luggage in the SUVs and trucks when preparing to leave the United hotel in Wisconsin this morning. Thank gosh for luggage carts!

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I can tell you guys never have your wife travel with you. Many of us spent quite a bit of time packing the luggage in the SUVs and trucks when preparing to leave the United hotel in Wisconsin this morning. Thank gosh for luggage carts!
Bob when I take the family on vacation Patty takes half of the kitchen

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
SUV? Truck? Luggage cart? What's that stuff?
Bill

65beam

Donation Time
SUV? Truck? Luggage cart? What's that stuff?
Bill
Bill,
Didn't you spend part of last week at the same hotel that I did? If I remember right we had two lots for tow vehicles and trailers. I seem to remember folks waiting in line for luggage carts.

65beam

Donation Time
Yep but some wives ARE luggage. I reckon travel light but have a lot of journeys;)
My wife is not luggage. But she carries a large piece of luggage to haul her trophies home. I was amazed at the weight of the United trophies.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill,
Didn't you spend part of last week at the same hotel that I did? If I remember right we had two lots for tow vehicles and trailers. I seem to remember folks waiting in line for luggage carts.
Didn't see me in those lines, did you? Being popular does not make something good or desirable. If it does, why were we at a Sunbeam celebration, not a GM Muscle Car gathering?

Bill

ALC 68A

Donation Time
A nice looking piece of luggage and super rare, although presumably an after market item, rather than a Rootes accessory. It's very shallow though, so best for travelling light!

Limey

Donation Time
Hi ALC68A

The wise old blokes in the UK club have seen maybe 3 or 4 of these over their many years. I take it that they are not listed anywhere as a Rootes accessory?

Oliver

ALC 68A

Donation Time
I'm in the UK and dimly recall having seen one of these suitcases at a National, although I can't recall when or where, so I was aware they did exist. They aren't in the Parts List, even as a Special Accessory, so I think they must have been after market and likely relatively expensive at the time.