• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tripod PL Lucas or Not

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Both different pictures and different images. But similar. I think I like the plain better with the smooth non-peaked headlight rims. But the PL Lucas are growing on me.

Two Headlights.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
I used to like the tripods...but they are more 50s rhan2 60s.. And think they look better with the standard rims... With the non peaked they become the focus of the front

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
It depends whether you intend to drive the car over distance at night or not. We have Tripods in one Alpine, they look fantastic but the light is adequate and that is all. In another Alpine we have flat face Hellas with Tungsram Megalight Ultra 15o H4 bulbs. The light is superb. I can drive across unlit twisty country roads and it is like driving in the day. Have a look at this video, you see how effective the lights are from about eight minutes fifty seconds on.

Tim R