• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

TR7 Seats?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Does anyone know anything about TR7 seats? I came across this sale on eBay and the seat bottoms looked pretty interesting to me. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3847011844...,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The main thing that stood out for me is how low the seats look. My problem with non original seats has always been that they sit higher than stock and make the driving position uncomfortable for me. I know photos can be misleading, but the height looks pretty close to stock to me. I don't care for the 80's look of the covers, but that could be easily dealt with. Might these be a viable option for those looking for later/safer seats?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
They look too flat for a comfortable ride... and as Bill said they appear too wide for the Alpine Also bet there are not many available.

A solution to height using the Miatia seat could be to remove the stock runner mount which will lower the seat by an 1", I think.. I like them and I am a tall person at 6'2"

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Yeah, I saw that too, although these may be even wider and flatter than normal because I think the foam is gone. I am not going to buy any seats on spec, which is why I wondered if anyone had ever tried them or had access to them. Truthfully, I am not really interested in trying them myself, as I have a pair of Miata M-Series seats - the ones with the separate headrest - waiting for my V6. I was just thinking these might be a good alternative to add to the list of options.

alpine_64

Donation Time
@Alpine 1789 is this for the addition of the headrests? TBH the seat design looks less well made and comfortable than the sunbeam s3-V ( esp 3/ IV) microcell seats... The only downside being lack of headrests on the stock ones... But they could be added in a rebuild

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Primarily the headrest, but I also know seat design got better/safer every year, so I assume these would be stronger than the original seats. And, I agree with everyone that they don't look as comfortable, but surely someone here has sat in them before?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bill Blue modified a set of his SV Seats adding headrest. I now have them and will be installing them in my Colour Code 70 SIV OD that is finally undergoing restoration.

I like them:)

Maybe Bill will tune in on how he made them.

Attachments

• 3819 Seats from Bill Blue     20201006_184310.jpg
    3819 Seats from Bill Blue 20201006_184310.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 3819 Seats from Bill Blue   20201006_184317.jpg
    3819 Seats from Bill Blue 20201006_184317.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 38