• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tool Kit Screw Driver

atallamcs

Donation Time
I am sure most of you have noticed this detail before--I was watching the movie The Mummy--the recent version. And they had the wood handle screw driver in the movie in their archeological dig kit. It was suppose to be 1929--is the screw driver that old or is this just a Hollywood creation? It is 40minutes and 40 seconds into the dvd.
Bill

Mark T

Donation Time
I don't know when the flat blade screwdriver was invented but I know that P.L. Robertson invented the Robertson screwdriver in 1908 in Hamilton, Ontario after his flat blade one slipped and cut his hand.

napa 1

Donation Time
I've lived in California for 20 years, but I still have a couple of Robertsons hanging on my peg board. Totally useless out here, but reminds me of home. When I get frustrated with slipping blade type and stripping phillips type, I wish I could reach for the old reliable Robertson.