• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

time to restart after 7mn. hibernation!

66Alpine

Donation Time
hey everyone.

hope this is not too complicated..rebuilt carbs, added stabilzer to petrol tank as suggested by my mechanic..recharged battery..anything else to do before I try to crank her..don't want to make any mistakes if possible..by the way she has 50k on her if that makes a difference..

as always, thanks for your help....

Johnny

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I would check the oil level and water level, and probably squirt a little in each cylinder thru the plug hole. While the plugs were out, and coil wire off, I would turn it first by hand, to confirm nothing is seized, then turn it with the starter. Look for a small rise in oil pressure with the starter motor, 15-20 lbs. Put the plugs back in, connect coil, prime the carb, pull out the choke, cross fingers, turn key.

Good luck

Sam

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I don't think adding stabilizer to the tank after 7mns. what ever they are is going to help.

Drain the tank and put in a few gallons of fresh gas.

you might want to blow out the fuel line also.

Good luck.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Seven months? I'd just prime the carbs by hand and fire it up. Maybe a squirt of fresh gas into the carbs in case the gasoline has deteriorated. But seven months is not a terribly long time for an engine to set.

Bill

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Time to re start

I usually park "The Pumpkin" in the garage at the end of the last run in the fall. This year it was, mid August. Stop and fill tank full.. Wash throughly,(check under neath for Canadians I might have run over:)) drain and change oils, DO the wire wheel splines, re grease front bearings.
Check front and rear brakes.
Rotate wheels front to back.
Put on the cover.
And that is it, when we return in April, I will uncover, pull the plugs, a little 10# oil, and a shot of WD-40. Turn over till pressure is up and install plugs..

Start up 10 # oil shot, WD_-40 and it will run.
Oil is the lube and WD is starting fluid. NEVER USE ETHER, ..:eek::eek:.
CHuck

Nickodell

Donation Time
Johnny: Seriously, as has been said, replace the engine oil. After this time there will be condensation, and if the oil was not quite new when you turned the engine off, there will be acid products of combustion in it. It is also wise to put a squirt of Marvel Mystery Oil in each cylinder before starting up.