• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Steel Hood maker

cdk84

Donation Time
Some time back, I learned there is a man, perhaps on the West Coast or west of the Mississippi (?), who will make a steel version of the LAT fiberglass hood / bonnet if ordered in advance.

Does this strike any chords with anyone? Do you know if he is still doing this work?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Babadawv at g mail is the best way to reach me, though a PM here will get to me eventually.

Please stay well. Look forward to being back on the road again with friends as soon as we've had vaccinations.

Cheers,

David

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
There's been a couple who converted stock metal hoods into steel LAT replicas . There's a couple of guys that make alloy ones , or the Cobra guys like McCluskey.

cdk84

Donation Time
Thanks very much Warren. I will call you soon about the Mk 2 trim we wrote about.

Cheers,
David

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
David: you could try contacting Sy Block via TEAE. He bought a fiberglass hood for his Tiger but his body guy was unhappy with the quality and used it as a guide to modify the original hood. Maybe he could do it again?

Send me a PM if you need help connecting with Sy.

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
It sounds like you should have a chat with Steve Alcala.

stevenalcala here.

DW

Last edited:

cdk84

Donation Time
Hi D,

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks so much for weighing in. I will give Steve a call. It's been my experience that any conversation with him is worthwhile --if you can catch him.

Am I correct in my memory that, some years back, you commended 450 lb front springs for my street Tiger, with 550 lbs as a reference for a track car? Where would I source springs at the former specification?

Very Best Wishes,

David