• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Pebbled Center Grille Surround

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone know how many Tigers were fitted with the rare, pebbled center grille surround before they were discontinued? Thanks.

Rick

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
The factory parts manual makes no reference to two different center badge surrounds, tho there were certainly early and late designs.

The Book of Norman claims the early style was used "B9470001 to Approximately B9473100". The pebble-type was not unique to Tiger as I've pulled plenty from Series IV Alpines over the years and Norm's presumption would make sense since I've also gotten a few (late) smooth-type from SIV – but never pebble from SV.

Mark ..... volvoguys

mikephillips

Donation Time
I can't give you numbers but my December 64 Tiger than the pebbled style while my late May 65 Alpine IV has the later smooth style. Had the Alpine since 74 so I have no reason to believe it has ever been swapped.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I asked Bill Martin for his opinion and his reply was "according to the registry, the highest observed early bullet is B9471731"

Rick

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have #B9471281 in the shop right now and it has a smooth badge. Noticed the other day and thought it should have
the SIV surround, but it doesn't. Car is largely original with one repaint back in the '80s.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Pebble with 4 ribs are round corner body siv anf mki tiger
I should clarify that i mean that no square corner transition bodies (the crosd over SIV and mki) had the texture/ rib surround. However it was sone point in the round cars pre square corners that the surround changed