• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Overflow Tank

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does anyone have a Tiger radiator expansion tank they can sell me? Or does anyone know of an aftermarket source for an acceptable replacement? I see a used one currently listed on ebay with cracks and splits for $400. Really?

Rick

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rick,
They are available repro from UK:
https://www.sunbeamalpinetigerspares.co.uk

Im told sunbeam specialties may stock them now too.

Im curuous why you post so many Tiger questions here, saoca is a great forum but for tiger specific stuff you will get faster/ more answers on a tigee specific forum like CAT

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the link to the UK site. I post on the SAOCA site because there is a designated “Tigers” section. I also post on the STOA, TEAE and CAT sites. The more the merrier I guess.
Rick

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
So have we responded on other sites too?
Sunbeam Specialties .
Only difference is late tanks have a fill to tab in the neck. It's a little aggravating cuz when you pour in your coolant fast it kind of hits it and blocks the way going in on a solid pour stream.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
So have we responded on other sites too?
Sunbeam Specialties .
Only difference is late tanks have a fill to tab in the neck. It's a little aggravating cuz when you pour in your coolant fast it kind of hits it and blocks the way going in on a solid pour stream.

Thanks Warren.

Rick

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Does anyone have a Tiger radiator expansion tank they can sell me? Or does anyone know of an aftermarket source for an acceptable replacement? I see a used one currently listed on ebay with cracks and splits for $400. Really?

Rick
There are tanks being made here in Aluminum Try Ron Davis for starters.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
There are tanks being made here in Aluminum Try Ron Davis for starters.

Found Ron Davis in Glendale AZ and they build the tank once you order it and pay for it. For others interested, Davis price is $499 + shipping with 8 weeks lead time. The UK steel version is $405 + shipping and they are in stock. Or the beat up, dented, with cracks version on eBay for $399 + shipping.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Found Ron Davis in Glendale AZ and they build the tank once you order it and pay for it. For others interested, Davis price is $499 + shipping with 8 weeks lead time. The UK steel version is $405 + shipping and they are in stock. Or the beat up, dented, with cracks version on eBay for $399 + shipping.
Ron Davis is proud of their stuff ill bet if you were clever you could use the harrison style header tank available from summit or do what Id do make your own.