• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger Gallery Photos??

atallamcs

Donation Time
I realize the club is Alpine-centric, but is their a spot for Tiger Owners to post pictures in the Gallery?
Bill

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Gee, Bill...are those crickets that I hear chirping??? I think we'll be out of luck posting pics of our Tigers here.

Take care,

64beam

Donation Time
I'm sure it would not be too much trouble at all for our outstanding administrators. ;)

agmason

Donation Time
"But aren't Tigers just grown up Alpines?"

Yes, Tigers are Alpines that have gone through puberty and now have cajones!

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Just my humble opinion....

Alpine Owners are not welcome to post Alpine pictures on these websites:

Tigers United
The Sunbeam Tiger Owner's Association (STOA)
California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners (CAT)
Pacific Tiger Club (PTC)
Canadian Tiger Association (CTA)

Since we have only ONE (1) SAOCA that actually wants our photos of Alpines to post.
But to be a better club then the ones mentioned above (Tiger Clubs) I would go along with a separate section gallery for Tigers. This would allow the general public to see that the real difference between the two is a FORD!

Donna
:D

alpine_64

Donation Time
Alpine Owners are not welcome to post Alpine pictures on these websites:

Tigers United
The Sunbeam Tiger Owner's Association (STOA)
California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners (CAT)
Pacific Tiger Club (PTC)
Canadian Tiger Association (CTA)

Since we have only ONE (1) SAOCA that actually wants our photos of Alpines to post.
But to be a better club then the ones mentioned above (Tiger Clubs) I would go along with a separate section gallery for Tigers. This would allow the general public to see that the real difference between the two is a FORD!

Donna

CAT has more than welcomed pictures of alpines.. i have posted several there

atallamcs

Donation Time
Pictures

It is not about other clubs--it is about making this one a little better--what does it take to extend the reach of this club through an enhanced gallery. Clubs usually want money and membership--this might move in the direction of increasing membership, certainly can't hurt.
Bill

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
If your a member...

CAT has more than welcomed pictures of alpines.. i have posted several there

Just call me cheap but why would I pay $35 dollars just to post a picture of my Alpine on the CAT website? I see that they don't require you to actually own a Tiger to be in the club which is nice, but I don't live in California either, might be hard to make those meetings!

Donna

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just call me cheap but why would I pay $35 dollars just to post a picture of my Alpine on the CAT website? I see that they don't require you to actually own a Tiger to be in the club which is nice, but I don't live in California either, might be hard to make those meetings!

Donna

Donna,

you dont have to be a member to post a picture, or start a gallery on that forum, so no need to waste that "$35" .. as for not making meetings.. well im a member of CAT and i live in australia.. i guess it depends what you want out of membership.. i personally find their help extreemly useful.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Tigers East, Alpines East

The one club that welcomes all Rootes is Tigers East, Alpines East seems they do more to help the SAOCA then any other group on this forum. Which lets us back to SAOCA being just for Alpines again and a National Club not really set up for a specific location, even if us members know that Ohio is where most of the Alpines are hiding. I still vote to have a Tiger Gallery since so many Alpine owners have both!

Donna

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Donna,

you dont have to be a member to post a picture, or start a gallery on that forum, so no need to waste that "$35" .. as for not making meetings.. well im a member of CAT and i live in australia.. i guess it depends what you want out of membership.. i personally find their help extreemly useful.

"send us a photo of your Sunbeam/members only!"

Why is this posted on the Gallery of pictures if anyone can post?
Yes I could join the forum and post a picture, but this discussion was about a permanent gallery on the SAOCA for Tigers not a forum picture....

Was the useful help from the CAT for the Tiger or Alpine?
All I ever needed to know about a Alpine I found here on SAOCA forum and website...

Donna

alpine_64

Donation Time
"send us a photo of your Sunbeam/members only!"

Why is this posted on the Gallery of pictures if anyone can post?
Yes I could join the forum and post a picture, but this discussion was about a permanent gallery on the SAOCA for Tigers not a forum picture....

Was the useful help from the CAT for the Tiger or Alpine?
All I ever needed to know about a Alpine I found here on SAOCA forum and website...

Donna

Donna,

the diffeeence between the CAT Forum "members gallery" and the SACOA gallery is exactly that, its a gallery for members cars, and you cant just post them up they must be sent to the web master. With the SAOCA any forum member can post a picture in the gallery section, its just currently there is no tiger category.

On the other forum you can star a whol;e alpine gallery if you wish by joining the forum

Bill's question was if there could be a Tiger section in our galleries area, which is an open gallery.

Now as for if the information was useful for alpine or tiger.. both... and CAt produce parts for the cars that are comon to both alpines and tigers.

I really dont get the whole alpine tiger/rivalry.. perhaps you came across a tiger owner who was not pleasant.. or perhaps it was a tiger ownner who had an unpleasant experience with alpine owners.. to me they are all sunbeams and all good fun for different reasons. :D .. the sooner the alpine/tiger rivalry stuff is ditched the stronger the marque will be.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Tiger Owners

:D A few tiger owners that have looked down their nose at my lowly alpine, not anyone that is on this forum, but a few locals in my area. The muscle guys that when they walk over to my car at a show and ask first, "Why don't you have a V8 in this?" Will it ever go away, no I don't think so, it is a fact of power and the Tigers have it.
Will I ever purchase a Tiger, I seriously doubt it since I have had a opportunity or two and passed. Why, because I bought a modern car for a slight more bucks, Saturn Sky Redline. I just could not see spending twice the amount of my Alpine for a Tiger just because it has a Ford in it, too each there own. Rumor is the Mid America Ford Power Club removed the Sunbeam Class this year since they don't feel that a Sunbeam is really a Ford, talk about snooty. The Euro Extravaganza show throws my Alpine in with the Healy's, Triumphs and all others since I have the only Sunbeam in the show, it this fair NO. The big show in Arkansas for British Cars does not have a class for my Sunbeam either, I will be with all others again. Do I enjoy having a very unique car YES, even if the MG's get all the awards!
I still say we need a Tiger Gallery since so many like yourself have both Alpine and Tigers. If the rivalry was over, if the Tiger's value dropped to the Alpine level and all the dark siders with V6's were called the New Tiger, and there is World Peace, not in my life time, LOL

Donna

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Donna,

What you have experienced, is what I have had to put up with for over thirty years. It doesn't faze me. I have enjoyed my V6 Alpines, no matter what anyone says. Just keep on enjoying your Alpine and dismiss the rest.

Lets not be like the Tiger guys that don't know better. I say sure, to letting the Tiger guys, that are members of this board, show their Tiger pictures on this board. I don't discriminate against anyone, especially another Sunbeam guy. I would like to see some of the well restored Tigers. After all, they look just like our Alpines.

Jose

atallamcs

Donation Time
Soooo. . .

. . . does everyone feel better now? and do we have a Tiger Gallery? I hope this is a club of doers and not just talkers--were are you administrators? Let's get going and set up the Gallery and add a new dimension to the club.
Bill

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
I've been away from the computer this weekend and just saw this thread. A Tiger gallery seems appropriate here, doesn't it? I , too, have never understood the rivalry between Tiger and Alpine owners; it makes absolutely no sense to me. There are rude people in every club who will run down another's car for seemingly no reason at all. I suspect folks who tend to be this way would probably look down their nose at a person who owned the same type of car as they do only not in the same color as theirs, because to them, it's not the "right" color.

To me, a Sunbeam is a Sunbeam is a Sunbeam, be it a Tiger or an Alpine. Both cars are cool, the only difference being that one is faster than the other. So what? They both have the same "Rootes," don't they? It would be nice for this site to allow Tiger photos to be placed in their own gallery, even if most of the info on the site is for their Alpine brothers. Personally, being an owner of both a Tiger and an Alpine, I look for clubs that cater to both. That's exactly why the only Tiger club that I belong to is TE/AE; at least they cover both models. Consequently, I'm all for a Tiger picture gallery here.

Take care,

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Andy,

You are right. I once went to a Pacific Tiger club meet, and was talking with five or six guys. We were talking about Tigers, and I mentioned that I would like to have one some day. Someone asked me if I did get one, would I modify it, or would I leave it stock. When I answered that I have never owned a car that I didn't modify, the place blew up. Half the guys got offended and began an argument about it. They apparently thought that ALL Tigers should be completely stock, and that anyone who would have the temerity to modify THEIR OWN Tiger, was a heathen. Ignorance is not dead yet, and never will be.

We just have to ignore these simple folk and go on enjoying our cars the way we like them.

Jose

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
1st, I have no problem w/putting up a "Tiger Gallery", afterall they look like an Alpine.
I am a bit curious about the apparant "rivalry". I think I came across it recently. This spring, I've taken my SV to a couple of local mix-bag car shows. At one the only Rootes entries was my SV and a Tiger. There are apparantly not many of these cars in my area, as this was the first time I'd seen another. His car was gorgous, mine is unfinished. I wouldn't have been any competition, even if I had got there in time for the judging. He did win one of the Awards, BTW. I went over to introduce myself. I may have read it incorrectly but it really felt as if I was stepping on someones toes. It could have just been this guy. Other than he allowing me to look @ how his soft top was attached to the top frame and offering me some parts for sale, I really didn't feel the "Sunbeam luv". So, is this what I have to look forward to, from Tiger owners? Should I just not bother introducing myself? Sorry if this is off topic.
Ron