• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger For Sale BIN $25K or Offer on eBay

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I bet that Series IV GT was a nice one in it's day. Top looks to still have the rear chrome, radio, sun visors, wood dash and (looks like) steering wheel (well, now behind the passenger seat) interior light above the mirror...once a nice car. The indicator lights seem to be the type of an earlier Series. I looked up the vin (here on this site) and it's early third week of production, or so.

Sad that an Alpine (let alone Tiger) have become so "popular" in price, at least parts still somewhat reasonable, but not really compared to other cars. Just an opinion.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Tiger is missing engine mounts and transmission, who knows what else. No underside pics of either. Waaay too much money for them, considering the cost of " full restoration". My .02 cents.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
"Sad that an Alpine (let alone Tiger) have become so "popular" in price, at least parts still somewhat reasonable, but not really compared to other cars. Just an opinion."

Sellers can ask whatever they want for a car but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. In my opinion this Tiger will not sell for $25K unless the buyer is a real novice. Similarly, this SIV Alpine will not sell for $10K either. I also believe our cars, year for year, are a better value for the money than others like MG, Triumph, Healey etc. Remember, there are probably only 3,500 Tigers left in the world making them very rare (and desirable) cars. Also, there were only a little over 12,000 Series IV Alpines ever built and if half have survived, it too is a relatively rare car compared to other LBC production cars' numbers. I, for one, am happy to see Alpines increasing in value. For decades they have stayed pretty stagnant pricewise. So, cheer up John! If you have an Alpine or a Tiger you have one of the best LBC's around.

Rick

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
I know it's missing a LOT but is that Tiger an actual legit Tiger or yet another Alger?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Really everyone see the Craigslist 18,000 bucket o rust.
Every day I thank a guy that swooped a car I wanted but was a lot of work. Some fellow on the Tiger email list bought it.