• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Tiger door

agmason

Donation Time
There is someone in SE Michigan on Craigslist selling two doors, trunk lid, hood and after market hardtop for $400. No rust either. I'd say he may be disappointed when he gets no callers.

65beam

Donation Time
all jokes aside, it's hard to find good items for next to nothing. a lower right front fender repair section cost 275.00. other repair sections aren't cheap either. we paid 250.00 for a rust free straight door with nothing in it. we gave a guy a price last week for an entire front clip off of a good series 4 body so he could repair a tiger. he didn't think the price was bad. some may think these items should be dirt cheap but when there aren't any more being made why look at these parts as being scrap metal? once you see a car crashed and the insurance company has you looking for good parts,check what you have to pay for them.

jimzee

Donation Time
I purchased those parts in SE Michigan. They were all in excellent condition, plus he gave me a windshield. They are all in Columbus now.

agmason

Donation Time
I asked the seller about buying the hardtop but it was an after market type which didn't interest me. I'm glad the parts were bought instead of ending up in a scrap yard. If you are stock pileing parts you may be interested in this craigslist seller in the the thumb area: http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/2484298755.html

5 Alpines plus parts for $2200. The seller didn't send my any photos when I asked.

jimzee

Donation Time
The only reason I bought the parts was that I recently bought a Mk2 Tiger that needs a total restoration. I felt that I had one last restoration in me. I am not going to even start it for at least 3-5 years. The parts were close, in great shape, and relatively cheap.
I am into Minis, Morgans, Defenders, Austin Healeys and micro cars. I have a ton of parts for all of them. I will only be buying Tiger stuff that I need and nothing else.
I appreciate the heads up on the other stuff. The only other bolt on item that I need is a factory hard top. I may need a front clip, but that is to be determined.
My biggest need is a stronger rotosserie, my Mini one is not beefie enough!