• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The Secret of MY Success

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thought some might be interested to how I make/design stuff. The photo shows the progression of the design of the finished part, which is at the right hand of the photo. As can be plainly seen, I cannot visualize in three dimensions.

Attachments

• IMG_8279.JPG
    IMG_8279.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 45

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Excellent work, and nice progression. I also design things that way, but I usually start with a box of Cheerios... seriously... I cut up the cardboard and make the whole part - folds, angles, holes and all - with pieces of cardboard, then go to metal.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill why not use CAD ?

Cardboard aided design :cool:
I am a great fan of CAD. But this project was so small and convoluted that I did not think it would yield satisfactory results. I felt that cardboard is too compliant and the angles difficult to duplicate in sheet metal. The finished, installed part is a very snug fit in multiple locations.
Bill