• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The Joys of Hub Pulling

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Trying to remove my right rear hub. Have a puller on it cranked as hard as I can get and have been spending my windy rainy Seattle days pointing a heat gun at it. I can probably get it off if I want to pull the axle but am too lazy for that.
There is no question here, just me sitting in my garage adding to global warming with my Sears heat gun draining every last bit of power the wind mills can generate!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
What type of puller are you using? I have a four ear type that I bolt to the hub.
I used my impact gun to pop them. Makes the job really easy! I used to struggle with
a breaker bar and a socket, this is much better. By the way, heat won't do anything.

Cheers!
Steve

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
You do? Any chance of me borrowing it? I can send some money to cover postage. I am using a $29 3 fingered (somehow that sounds rude) standard axle puller. I am afraid I am at the end of its strength so a real puller would be a life saver.