• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The Journey Begins - Series I V6 Restomod

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm lucky when I can get half a day in the garage on a weekend. Slow slow progress, and my relocation to the UK is going to be here very soon. Right now, that looks like early July. Prep for that trip will also limit garage time.

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
Another modest step forward…decided to install the headliner in the hard top before painting it as it’s easier to protect the head liner during the painting process rather than trying to protect the paint while installing the head liner. The dark blue is going to match up nicely with the rest of the interior…

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 24

Asm109

Donation Time
Just discovered your saga. If I missed the pictures I apologize. What louvers did you choose for this car?
What size condensor where you able to fit?

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I assume you are referring to Heat/AC vents?....using cylindrical vents sourced from Old Air Products...2 under the dash and 2 in the console...defrost vents are stock.

The condensor that I settled on is 18" x 12"...the size was selected primarily based on being able to install/remove it from the front through the valence. For airflow, I'm going with twin 9" electric pusher fans...just from our initial test runs, they seem to provide more than adequate cooling.

Attachments

• Fans_Condensor.jpg
    Fans_Condensor.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • fans-condensor_installed.jpg
    fans-condensor_installed.jpg
    796.3 KB · Views: 21

Asm109

Donation Time
Very nice. These round vents provide both A/C and heated air, correct? There is no dedicated floor heater outlet?
I noticed on the old air website that some of the rectangular vents had floor exits built in as well. Too bad I don't like that look for our cars.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We settled on Old Air's rectangular vents used under the dash. Adds a couple of inches knee room, especially noticeable while entering/leaving the vehicle. I fine tuned their installation by moving them forward of the dash. No impact on air output and moves them away from knees. I have no idea of what is available from Old Air. Our installation dates back about 20 years. I had a very strange problem, the unit would not cool while using the smaller compressors. Luckily, there is room for full sized units, which work just fine. No impact on air output and moves them away from knees.
Bill

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Milestone day…engine compartment complete, fluids loaded, and wheels on…next up is a bit of electrical testing (to make sure the smoke doesn’t come out) and we’ll be ready to fire it up to see how the EFI works and then on the upholstery shop.
Beautiful Bill