• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

The Alpine Marque 2002 - 2006

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Doing minor to major restoration projects on a Sunbeam requires individual passion, tenacity, savvy and resources. Many of us have developed skills and understandings to attack certain facets, but, sometimes we find a void in our expertise. An unknown, a mystery where our knowledge and experience fails us. Seeking out a local professional can be just as daunting. Even in a larger municipality ferreting out a shop or individual that can provide service to meet our rebuilding needs can become an impossible task. While working on the 1962 #41 Sebring Alpine I find myself at that juncture as I want to put together a strong and yet authentic Rootes Factory prepared Sunbeam. While the SAOCA community has provided enduring understandings this project has many unique elements. The engine, transmission, rear end, duel ignition and other unique aspects only associated to this Racing Sunbeam creates that void even with my many years in the Sunbeam world.

I needed to educate myself further and so I delved into many vintage magazines for clues to my solutions for a proper mechanical rebuild. I even wrote in this forum and directly to individuals on this site to appease my lack of knowledge. Then I recalled that between 2002 and 2006 the SAOCA put out a magazine called The Alpine Marque. I had 1-17 of the 19 issues. I sat down this morning to peruse my collection. AMAZING! There is so much information and technical insight provided by the likes of Jan Servatis, Steve Silverstein, Ian Spencer, Jim Stone, Jim Ellis, on and on. If you have any question on engine or rear end builds check out The Alpine Marque on this site http://sunbeamalpine.org/alpine-marque/. I so appreciate the contributors to this SAOCA magazine.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
The Alpine Marque on this site http://sunbeamalpine.org/alpine-marque/. I so appreciate the contributors to this SAOCA magazine.[/QUOTE]

Jim, John and others: I have all 17 of the published issues, all in excellent condition. I agree - they are a treasure! Pete