• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

TEAE United 39 Oakville

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'll be attending my first ever Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger/British Car event, going to the TEAE 39 in Oakville.
I'm hoping to have my car road ready by then so I can drive it there.

I searched this site but didn't see anything about a SAOCA get together or who is planning to attend.

Who's going to be there, and will there be a SAOCA meet-up?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I will be here Bill-looking forward to seeing lots of Sunbeams and friends and then 1400 other British cars at the Bronte show on Sunday! I will be handing out leftover 2022 club calendars at the United swap meet-look forward to meeting you. Have a fun trip. Eric

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Bill: We have not done any specific SAOCA get togethers at Uniteds that I am aware of. So many of us are members of both clubs and informal get togethers just seem to happen naturally. I am not able to attend this year but will be thinking of everyone and missing the camaraderie this week. Have fun!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Any reports on the United? We had attendance on our "To Do List", but last minute medical issue took precedence.

Bill

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
I got home last night from the United. It was great! So nice to be in cooler weather and to meet up with Sunbeam friends there. There were several driving tours with lunch stops so more chances to meet with our friendly Canadian hosts and friends.
One of our visits on the tour was at Legendary Motorcar Company https://legendarymotorcar.com/
I could not believe the number of $$$$$$$ cars there! More real Cobras in one place-at least 8 or 9- than I have ever seen including one of the Daytona coupes. A great visit.
About 65 Sunbeams were at the event and they drew big crowds when we joined up with about 700 British cars at the Bronte British show last Sunday. The only rain of the event was when everyone was leaving the show so perfect timing with that.
I met Bill T and he is the luckiest guy I know-he won at least 6 door prizes at the Banquet.
Next year's United will be in Bowling Green KY so I hope more of our Southern Sunbeams will be able to attend!

DSC05786.JPG DSC05730.JPG DSC05726.JPG DSC05788.JPG

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
We all had a great time. As Eric mentioned, we got to meet in person. I also met people I've only dealt with on the phone. Rick, from Sunbeam Specialties and Joe, whom I bought my LED upgrade kit from.
Seeing other Alpines and Tigers helped me figure out how some parts go on my car, as well as what I still need. And I was able to pick up a few parts as well.
Unfortunately, my wife said no, I can't have a Tiger at this time .

I took over 1000 pictures and will share a link as soon as I get them organized.
This was my first Sunbeam car show, and I'm hooked. I regret that I couldn't take my Alpine but will certainly do so for future events.

Attachments

• 20220918_085441.jpg
    20220918_085441.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220918_084529.jpg
    20220918_084529.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220916_191143.jpg
    20220916_191143.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 21

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for posting the photos Bill-looking forward to seeing the other ones!

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill Tippy-great luck on the door prizes! United's are always a great time to meet fellow Sunbeam owners and get help on your project. There is a-lot of experience there and they are always glad to help. If you want improved performance a V6 kit maybe in order for your Alpine. Dan Richardson has a kit that works great. Borrowed picture. F30F2284-8629-4840-BC78-8D47458BE501.jpeg

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
I would love to put a V6 in it..
But, when I bought my car from my nephew (about 15 years ago), I agreed to not change the engine, and to keep it in the family, or to sell it back to him, before selling it to anyone else. It's likely that my son will get the Alpine someday.

My nephew, newly married at the time, didn't really want to sell it. But he needed the money to put towards a new house.
(Dang, where are kids's priorities these days???)

Bill Tippy-great luck on the door prizes! United's are always a great time to meet fellow Sunbeam owners and get help on your project. There is a-lot of experience there and they are always glad to help. If you want improved performance a V6 kit maybe in order for your Alpine. Dan Richardson has a kit that works great. Borrowed picture. View attachment 26979

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Bill, it was a magnificent show. sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was there for the Sunday event and also attended the TEAE motor-cross on Sat.
Rode shotgun in that Black, fender flared, burgundy roofed, modified Tiger you see in the foreground of Eric's photo above.( super quick) Wanted to attend all 3 days as a registered participant, but my Alpine is still on stands in the garage, so I was happy to take in what I could.
Hmmm, Bowling Green next year eh' , not too far from Ontario.
Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_2897.JPG
    IMG_2897.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2901.JPG
    IMG_2901.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 21

Bill Tippy

Platinum Level Sponsor
What was your car number?

Bill, it was a magnificent show. sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was there for the Sunday event and also attended the TEAE motor-cross on Sat.
Rode shotgun in that Black, fender flared, burgundy roofed, modified Tiger you see in the foreground of Eric's photo above.( super quick) Wanted to attend all 3 days as a registered participant, but my Alpine is still on stands in the garage, so I was happy to take in what I could.
Hmmm, Bowling Green next year eh' , not too far from Ontario.
Cheers
Bob

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Sorry Bill, guess I miss-led you. We didn't run the auto-cross, observers only. Rode shotgun to and from the event.
Chris Koss out of Ohio is the owner and builder of his modified Tiger, which took 1st place in that division at the awards dinner on Sunday eve.
We happened to be camping across from each other, so I was happy to make his aquaintence. Photo attached.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2945.JPG
    IMG_2945.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 23