• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

TEAE Looking to borrow a copy of McGovern's Alpine Book

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim Lindner, President of TEAE, has been leading an effort for the past several years to create judging standards for Tigers and Alpines. There were a lot of people interested in, and willing to help with the Tiger standards and that document was finished a while ago. Jim is a Tiger guy but has been soldiering on with the Alpine standards and has a very nice draft started. There is still a lot of work to done, primarily gathering photos of how factory-correct cars are supposed to look, and Jim will be reaching out to several owners of very stock appearing Alpines to get some of the needed photos. It was recently suggested that Chris McGovern's book, Alpine The Classic Sunbeam, would be a good source for Jim to use, both for photos and information. I offered to loan him my copy, but I haven't been able to find it yet. Does anyone here have a copy they could loan to Jim?

Thanks.

s-l640.jpg

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
We'd have to check with Jim. I can put you in touch with him, if you like and you can see if it works out.

Thanks!!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim, I have one(nice ) I'll gladly loan.... Just give me the contact info.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Dan. Since I don't know how long he'd need Kevin's copy, I'll send a note to Dan and Jim to get the two of you talking. Kevin: we'll keep your kind offer as a fallback, just in case we need it.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yep... although, don't misunderstand - I didn't need it back urgently, I was just trying to get an idea of time frame.