• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

TE/AE Autocross

dmich2

Donation Time
OK. I'll bite. Having never participated in one; just what is involved in the Autocross at Dayton this year?

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Dennis
The United autocross this year will be organized by local Sunbeam hot shoe Doug Jennings along with the local SCCA folks and it will be held at the Kil-Kare raceway located just outside of Dayton, Ohio. Here is the website
http://www.kilkare.com/
I am not sure of what course configuration will be used yet but it should be a fairly large one with lots of corners to test you and your car's handling. Cars will be classed according to engine size and just one car will be on the course at a time. Lots of fun to watch and participate in as well and always a very popular event at the United. And yes Alpines have taken FTD many times in the past. I will look forward to seeing Bill Blue, yourself, and many others at the autocross! Eric

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The question left unanswered is what are the requirements the car (and driver) must meet in order to run? I know some guys were scrambling to put dual accelerator springs on their cars at SUNI.

Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I will get the details and let everyone know Bill. Never heard of dual carb springs required at our autocross-must be a SUNI thing. Eric

dmich2

Donation Time
Thanks guys. I was scanning over the rules on the racetrack site and it seemed to address the drag strip.

One thing I guess I was curious about was is a helmet required????? I'm thinking the course would be set up so tight speed may not be a concern?

Dennis

65beam

Donation Time
autocross

bill,
as far as I know the club has always asked that entrants wear a helmet. there are always plenty to be loaned. there should be some type of tech inspection of the cars to make sure they are in good enough mechanical shape to compete. it would not be good to run with bad tie rods or some other bad part. the club autocross will be run in conjunction with the scca event but the primary reason is for the timing equipment that will already be there. hopefully the sunbeam group will run at a separate time. this is a TE/AE event and not an scca event. i'll make a few calls to confirm what doug has worked out.

65beam

Donation Time
autocross

anyone that has questions concerning the autocross can call Doug Jennings @ 937-252-3317. if he doesn't answer leave a message. he does return calls. how and when the cars will run is dependent on how many at the united want to autocross. doug thinks the course will be something in the 40 second range depending on the setup of the cars. doug will have the club cars go thru a tech inspection prior to the autocross and there will be a waiver of liability to be signed by united entrants wanting to autocross. there should be plenty of loaner helmets available. the track rules are separate from the club and the group running the event has agreed to allow the club to run our event in conjunction with their event. tigers and alpines will be separate classes and TE/AE will receive times for each car and based on various factors will determine if the cars will be in stock or modified classes. the ladies are also invited to compete in the event.