• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Switch Label Plates & Heater Bezels

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Is anyone re-furbing or re-popping the little plates that identify what switch is what...Or the heater controls? Dash is about ready to go together and it's all looking good except for this tiny little detail...Thanks for any help

alpine_64

Donation Time
The answer is "yes" but depends on what series you have. SI-3 use plastic escutcheons with the text engraved in the back. And on the late SII and the S3 they also had a plastic heater escutcheon. The switch labels are available from KIPS.. but check the quality on them, had to order a few times to get a nice set... the heater bezel is a NLA part.

For the SIV-V with the metal tags, there was a guy in the UK making repros and selling on ebay.. i believe that Sunbeam Specialties and Classic Sunbeam now stock those.

For the SIV-V heater panel.. a guy in the UK makes stickers and sells them on ebay UK.. and Paul Breuhan makes a transfer set for the heater panel.

65beam

Donation Time
bezels

if you have either a series 4 or 5 you might want to call doug at the tiger/alpine clubhouse. he had a shop restore the heater bezels. contact me for the number.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I think Paul Breuhan (66Tiger) has made press-on letters that duplicate the original font. You have to sand yours, paint them flat black and then press on his letters. He is only an occasional visitor to this site, but you can reach him through his website: http://www.breuhan.com/

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Thanks guys...It's an SV. I didn't see them in the SS or VB catalogs, but I haven't called Rick to check. Looks like I'v got some options. I'm pretty sure I could get some transfer lettering made locally, at what cost or aggravation I didn't know.... and I figured the sand and re-paint would be part of that plan.

I'm more concerned about the heater controls. Is the whole plate chromed, and then detailed in black and the lettering added?? Or is it just all black and the chrome looking band painted on, or is it something else entirely?

alpine_64

Donation Time
There is a chrome surround and the black part with lettering is a separate metal par and has the retaining studs that hold it to the dash.

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
So, Michael, what does KIPS stand for? I need the escutcheons but don't know what or who KIPS means.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
The reproduction ones have shown up on eBay just recently. They look great. Series V. I was going to buy them. He also offers a service of the same tag with different appliances on it as you desire. Will try to find them.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Have not been able to locate these yet. I know I saw them somewhere. I'll be back. And no, it wasn't the round ones. It's the ones for our cars. V.

65beam

Donation Time
plates

Sunbeam Specialties sells the tags for the series 4 & 5 switches. Guesties Garage sells a vinyl transfer for the heater control surround for the same cars.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Yes, I see SS has them, Part # IP92. $29.95 set of 4 made of metal.

These are not the one's I'm looking for, but they're probably good quality.
I will continue to look though. I'm sure I saw them somewhere. There ya go, buy them from Rick.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
OK, finally found these on ebay. Sunbeam Alpine Switch Labels.
Seller is "Fairfield 68" Out of Canada,
Says they are 1mm polycarbonate sprayed black with waterproof adhesive letters. Says the font is better than the Sunbeam Big Stores?
Anyway, sold for $30.00 plus $3.00 shipping.
I thought I was going nuts, or just plain old for a bit there. Cheers Mates.