• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sweet Series II sells at BAT

alpine_64

Donation Time
That was a superficially nice looking car.. Trim was nice.. Body looked nice and presented well...
What was strange was colour coding the dash and the exhaust system... Yet painting the engine bay black and underside.... ?

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
That was a superficially nice looking car.. Trim was nice.. Body looked nice and presented well...
What was strange was colour coding the dash and the exhaust system... Yet painting the engine bay black and underside.... ?

Michael,

If you look closely at the original VIN plate, it looks like a SI VIN with color code 1 - Embassy Black. I might be wrong, hard to tell in pic.

Might help explain color coverage.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael,

If you look closely at the original VIN plate, it looks like a SI VIN with color code 1 - Embassy Black. I might be wrong, hard to tell in pic.

Might help explain color coverage.
Yes hard to read the colour code with the reflection, the boot area is also black... So may be an original 1 code car.. The fuel tank has been out ... So again....if the car had so much work done why not paint the engine bay and boot to match... Rather than the dash and exhaust...

Not saying its not a nice looking car.. Just odd not to finish those areas too.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes hard to read the colour code with the reflection, the boot area is also black... So may be an original 1 code car.. The fuel tank has been out ... So again....if the car had so much work done why not paint the engine bay and boot to match... Rather than the dash and exhaust...

Not saying its not a nice looking car.. Just odd not to finish those areas too.
Maybe because the owner did not want to do it that way. Some people like to do things their way, not the "correct" way.

Bill

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
I corrected the Series number above to a Series I. What ever the configuration it struck the "I want this car" chord for several bidders and "I've got to have this" for two bidders. The finned Alpine does standout. The highest price I have seen for a somewhat original is $26,500 plus tax and license.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Nice one - "shaken not stirred" ;). An original California car. VIN very close to my SI. Several flaws, but up to personal preferences. Price confirms my theory that early Series were long time undervalued - may change over time...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Maybe because the owner did not want to do it that way. Some people like to do things their way, not the "correct" way.

Bill
Bill as i said in my post its a Nice looking car .. Just odd that so much effort was spent making many areas very nice and those were just left as is...

Maybe they wanted it that way.. Maybe they just superficially did things seen from the outside and left, botched, hid other stuff... Only they know... And the new owner will...

Again i said its a nice car... Just strange they werent consistent in their approach .. At no point had i mentioned anything had to be "correct"