• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV Seat Tracks

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Starting on the upolstery. Finally decided to spend a little more money...LOL Can anybody advise me on the proper color or finish on the seat tracks and adjusters? Mine are a silver/rust blend right now, but it doesn't appear ot be paint. Were they Cad plated maybe?

Also, the side covers on the seats are black painted, but on the inside it looks like it has a vinyl texture. Should the outside surface match that? Or is the texture just wrinkled old paint? Do the side covers have a gloss finish or do they need some flattening agent in the paint?

mikephillips

Donation Time
The side covers would have a wrinkle finish type paint on them, you should be able to find it at a hardware store. Would be black.

The seat slides were originally silver cad, you can send them out to be redone, or Eastwood does a silver cad paint. Never tried it myself so don't know how good it is.

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Thanks Mike. Just the information I needed.
Any idea how hard the are to get apart and re-assemble? Mine are both locked up tight right now, soaking them in a pan of kerosene waiting for the old grease and grime to let go.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
An option I took....

The side plates on my Commodore Blue '67 with black interior are covered in the same black leather as the seats. I did it my self during restoration, and they turned out nicely!

Not original but how many are??