• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV Rear Bench Trim Question

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
The hooks don't only fit the rear tub trim when you have the soft top up, they also clip into little plates that are on Series V Hard Tops. This holds the soft trim neatly in place and looking neat when the hard top is fitted.

Tim R

alpine_64

Donation Time
The hooks don't only fit the rear tub trim when you have the soft top up, they also clip into little plates that are on Series V Hard Tops. This holds the soft trim neatly in place and looking neat when the hard top is fitted.

Tim R
Yes Tim.. covered in the thread posted by Paul354 right above your post ;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mark..

This is about the SV/MKIa/ii vynil soft top cover straps.

Great that you have the repro tool roll strap sorted.. maybe put the pics and info in a new thread so it's searchable and a fresh topic

Also.. good yours are accurate.. Unlike a former poster who used to sell inaccurate ones on eBay with misleading text. ;)

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Since we already have an audience knowledgeable about mystery slots in a package shelf. Before I cover these with dynamat, what is the function of this slot and its twin on the passenger side?

And what is the purpose of these nobs on the front of the package shelf? There are 4 of them across the front

20230325_163213.jpg20230325_170652.jpg

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
The posts are where the carpet studs go for the rear parcel shelf trim that wraps over the front edge. 4 studs.

Iirc the slots were part of the mfg proveidor jigging the cars much like the jig brackets under the front of the car

Paul354

Diamond Level Sponsor
I’m going off from the original question but as the topic is “Series V rear bench trim question.”

I’ll continue on my Series V1.JPG2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg.

The studs shown in Aladin picture as said hold the carpet down there are 7 Total of this style with the longer spacer.

4 along the vertical wall 2 behind each seat, and an additional 3 across the back of the parcel shelf one in each corner and 1 in the centre of the raised tunnel. These are the long prong ring snaps sold by Sunbeam Specialties part #UK58C They don’t sell the longer spacer

1679834990610.png
The 4 Studs along the vertical wall as pictured also hold the original rubber mats up in place. The mat has 4 round cut-outs to go over these and then the carpet snaps in place.

The Snaps as pictured above without the longer spacer, are also used in the front foot wells 2 on the driver side 3 on the passenger side to hold the original mats in place. The Series V didn’t have full carpeting, I think the GT did.

I don’t know what is being sold now as an interior carpet replacement or how it attaches.

To the current question you may want access to these longer snaps if you carpet up the back vertical wall. Not knowing how that and the parcel shelf carpet in the new kits are finished at those 2 edges.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I got the snaps shown from SS when I bought the carpet set. I have not tried installing any of the parts yet. Thanks for the info.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mark..

This is about the SV/MKIa/ii vynil soft top cover straps.

Great that you have the repro tool roll strap sorted.. maybe put the pics and info in a new thread so it's searchable and a fresh topic

Also.. good yours are accurate.. Unlike a former poster who used to sell inaccurate ones on eBay with misleading text. ;)
Good call, Michael.