• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SV Bumper

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Looking for an SV bumper. Nothing new or fancy but decent enough chrome (so it won't look much better than the one that's on the back ;))

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike,

Bumpers for all series front and back are the same, just overriders are different in series and mounting brackets are same all series but front and rear are different.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mike,

Bumpers for all series front and back are the same, just overriders are different in series and mounting brackets are same all series but front and rear are different.

Hi Michael. Actually, I've been in the process of moving my decent rear bumper to the front (those outsiside bracket bolts are a bear!) just to see what a clean blade on the front will look like, then put the purchased bumper on the back.

I'll have to see if SS sells bumper bracket bolts to replace a couple of rusted ones (and now stripped) I had to get off the rear bumper to change them to front brackets.

gordonra

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

Mine is not the prettiest example, but I bought some stainless carriage head bolts, then buffed them to a good shine.

Rich

65beam

Donation Time
bumper

FYI, the original bumper bolt heads had a curvature that matches the contour of the bumper.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I'll have to see if SS sells bumper bracket bolts to replace a couple of rusted ones (and now stripped) I had to get off the rear bumper to change them to front brackets.

Mike, if you are referring to the chrome headed bolts that go on the corners SS sells them, if they are out of stock other suppliers also carry them and they are available from eBay UK.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Mike,

Just as a note, there is a difference in that the late V bumper has the plate lamp holes stamped in it where the earlier V and before did not. Doesn't affect size or shape, but is different.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just as a note, there is a difference in that the late V bumper has the plate lamp holes stamped in it where the earlier V and before did not. Doesn't affect size or shape, but is different.

Mike, good point there is that detail difference on the very late sv cars, are they actually stamped holes?

That said would be harder to find a late sv bumper than any other ... Do we know the transition point on the cars, I'd assume it's very late sv as even the start of the full square corner cars didn't have them.... Anyone with a parts book handy?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Image of the parts manual bumper entry is attached.

Mike

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 17