• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SUNI

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
No SUNI this year, come join us at the Invasion in Columbia, SC on April 5-6 or the TEAE United in Wisconsin August 15-18

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Eric, I know the "word" at the last SUNI was that would probably be the last one. Is there any talk of reviving the event? The Colorado event was simply great and would love to see it continued.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
Jean and I attended all six SUNI's and have great memories of the events. I second Bill's comment about continuation of SUNI. It would take a lot of cooperation of the various clubs nationwide.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
If another SUNI is contemplated, it wouldn't be for 2019. Six+ months isn't nearly enough time to get the sites locked in and all the other planning that goes into one of these.

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I remeber the 1st SUNI that I might have attended. IIRC, it was in Montana. A couple of years ago, I'd have been there in a flash. If another one was scheduled there in the last 5 years, I'd have been there. Since I lost my Alpine to fire, it doesn't matter much.

But, if there was a SUNI in driving distance in the next couple of years, it might just get me to finish my SV V6.

If there is any interest in holding one in SK Canada, I might be persuaded to organize it. I don't know what it might entail, but if anyone wants to clue me in, get at it.

One good thing: your dollar would go a lot farther. One bad thing, you would have to drive a lot farther.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We would be there if at all possible. But it is a long distance to drive and I'm 76.

Organizing an event is about like you might imagine. Finding a suitable hotel, places of interest to see and to hold events. The huge joker in all of this is turnout. Will you need a facility for 30 cars or 125 cars? Banquet room for 50 or 175? No one can guarantee attendance. People get sick, die, have to attend weddings and graduations. Cars burn up in garage fires. To me, putting on an event is not that difficult, knowing what to plan for is.

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
65 sunbeam and I set up the TE/AE United at Dayton in 2015. I did the leg work with the hotel, car show , etc. There 's a bunch of negotiating with hotels , parts and hospitality, locations for day trips, etc. The drive to Dayton for meetings was about two hours one way. This turned out to a large event with 100 cars on the show field for the concourse. It's a very time consuming chore and doesn't happen over night and the end result requires a lot of help right up to the last person leaving for home.

65beam

Donation Time
And some people wonder where my gray hair came from........
I should also have mentioned that Eric got stuck with all the easy paper work. You just don't know when to say "NO". Two Uniteds in Charleston, numerous Invasions and gosh knows what else. I've tried to convince you to quit complaining about grey hair. At least you have hair!