1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

SUNI VII - Along the Way - To & Fro

Discussion in 'Invasions & Other Events' started by DanR, Sep 22, 2021.

1. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

Here's some PIC's of my trip from South Carolina, Cloverdale, IN, on to Independence, MO down to Little Rock, AR and on home.

Just East of St Louis I left out about 5AM but finding it foggy decided to pull off next exit. Just ahead of me (about 10 minutes) a family from PA had hit a herd of deer and mangled their FORD Truck. See PIC.

Beautiful Sunrise (later). Then I lost a pin holding the trailer jack stand, it made an awful noise:eek:

View of parking lot my first morning at SUNI VII and then a shot of a nice brake setup for the Alpine.

I have some PIC of the Sunbeams next.

Attached Files:

2. DanR

Sunbeams to Ft OSAGE

Attached Files:

jdoclogan likes this.
  3. DanR

Night time in the parking lot before auto cross.

Morning of Auto Cross

Attached Files:

jdoclogan likes this.
  4. DanR

Auto Cross continued

Attached Files:

jdoclogan likes this.
  5. DanR

Auto Cross con't

Attached Files:

jdoclogan likes this.
  6. DanR

Last of Auto Cross

Attached Files:

jdoclogan likes this.
  7. DanR

Sunbeams GALORE

Attached Files:

jdoclogan likes this.
  8. DanR

Lots of shade for most of the day.

In the 3rd PIC you can see the two FORD Powered V6's

Attached Files:

jdoclogan likes this.
  9. DanR

Here is one of the Sunbeams that had some "Hard Luck:.... this was brakes.

Several had electrical, one tiger lost the shifter bolts and was dead for the remainder of the Event.

I and son Ernie hauled a tiger back from an event that had fuel problems. Numerous others have varying difficulties and my throttle cable broke on the way back from the Auto Cross. Steve Pace and Allan Ballard were kind enough to "fix" it for me. I was having a terrible time with Montezuma's Revenge:)

I was barely able to package my parts/display items and load my truck. Lots of attendees assisted me and some of the Ladies came up with something to resolve the "MR" :)

Several wrecks on the way home caused delays. Here's where a vehicle and several others were damaged.

A black billowing fire could be seen a few miles off before I got to it that burned a Jeep almost beyond recognition.

Hope everyone had a grand time! I met lots of friends in person for the first time.

Best of Wishes, until we meet again,

Attached Files:

10. bernd_st

bernd_st Bronze Level Sponsor

Dan,

Looks like you guys had a great time. A pity that us "continental guys" couldn't join. From your pictures I count 5 HLM's and one superb Hillman Minx Station. That could be one of my next projects :rolleyes:

11. Shannon Boal

Shannon Boal Bronze Level Sponsor

Here is one of the Sunbeams that had some "Hard Luck:.... this was brakes.
    The brake issue turned out to be a hose that failed. The hose fed both rear brakes, but caused the left side to drag more than the right. Greg, I think, figured it out, Micheal offered the hose from the rear axle packed up on his motor home, and I did the replacement. I am touched from the kindness and help, which I shall pay forward somehow! (Shannon and Deb)

Quote by DanR: Hope everyone had a grand time! I met lots of friends in person for the first time.

Best of Wishes, until we meet again,[/QUOTE]

12. DanR

Bernie, The Wagon had a V8 and all the goodies added:) It brings back some pleasant memories of my Red&White '59 2 door Hillman wagon (Charleston AFB South Carolina 1962 -65).

13. bernd_st

bernd_st Bronze Level Sponsor

A hot Hillman Minx Van - even cooler ;)

14. DanR

The Hillman has A/C that makes it even more so:)

15. 65sunbeam

65sunbeam SAOCA Membership Director Diamond Level Sponsor

Steve Pace at the autocross-that V6 sounds great! DSC04594.JPG

DanR likes this.
  16. 65sunbeam

65sunbeam SAOCA Membership Director Diamond Level Sponsor

Jerry's Harrington sounds good with twin side drafts! DSC04598.JPG

DanR likes this.