• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SUNI Survey

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The Board just sent out an email invitation to all Bronze-Diamond members soliciting input on the planned SUNI for 2021. As you may recall, the six main Sunbeam clubs all planned to get together next year in the Missouri Ozarks. The decision to hold the event was based, in part, on the results of a survey we conducted a few months ago. Two things have changed since then. First, the Ozark location fell through. Second, of course, our world has been upended by the Coronavirus pandemic.

The SUNI organizers wanted to stay in the center of the country and have found a new location in Independence Mo, just outside of Kansas City, that meets all of the organizers' requirements. Current travel conditions have also allowed them to negotiate a very good contract. However, no one wants to sign that contract without having some confidence that people will actually turn up. Hence the new survey. It is very short and should only take you a couple of minutes. (Literally. Maybe 2 minutes.) We'd very much appreciate your response, even if you are absolutely certain that you won't be there. (FWIW, all clubs have committed to only hold the event if it is safe for our members to travel by September of next year.)

Below is the text of the email that has just been sent, along with the links to more information about the event and the survey itself.

Thanks,
Jim

ClubsHeader.jpg

SUNI Update for 2021

In June, six Sunbeam clubs did a survey about a SUNI next year.

Times and resources changed.

So we ask for your help again to guide our decision making regarding an event September 13-17, 2021 (That’s next year!)

Unfortunately, the original location proved to be missing some important options for the event. The new location, in the Kansas City area, is central to the continental U.S. with major airport access.

Planning for this event is completely based on the assumption that it will be safe for seniors to travel by car to the Kansas City area by September of 2021, perhaps with some minor restrictions.

Read the details of the thought process and plans here.

Take the survey here.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 2

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I guess this gives me a deadline to get my project done. I answered the survey and will plan to attend.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I've been thinking the same thing. In theory, I could have my V6 drivable by then...

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mine all depends on when I get the car back from paint. My initial estimate from the shop was six months.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I sent mine in. I sure understand the need for some advanced planning having been involved with some National events. I'm not worried about the virus 15 months from now. I will put it in my schedule to go. Be a great place to meet other members.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Such a bummer to read the cancellation of the United in Big Bear this September and even the bad press the events can get on BaT about guys complaining about the route they need to take to get there. Planning for a shifting demographic that has old school owners that bought in for cheap and those new guys that bought in looking at an upside down the road it's tough to get a good fit for all. The California guys often share the same problem on the Northerners not wanting to get stuck in LA traffic and there has not been a United South of LA for many years. I can do 700 miles in a driver car pretty easy with a bleach bottle at the ready. In an Sunbeam it's more like 300 with a much smaller bottle :) Possibly by that time I may have fled the Peoples republic be closer and have a truck and trailer. I'll probably stay safe if I don't even do even the old Seinfled it's not a pick it's a scratch. Note to self don't do either...