• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeams on the Salt

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
I was wondering about how the 2022 Bonneville Speed Week went

And I found this:

IMG_20220830_121331174.jpg
But the answer is this:

IMG_20220830_121233564.jpg

And after that, I found THIS:

IMG_20220830_151505323.jpg

And guess what is next to the Tiger?:

IMG_20220830_151454862.jpg

Old Bert!

How many degrees of separation?

DW

alpine_64

Donation Time
May Fs salt flat sunbeam.. Was out to break the 1920s Sunbeam 1000hp LSR record ...

And great shots of the period Tiger...did the video show it running?.. Matthew Taylor or his father ( STOA) are restoring that car aren't they?

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
Both above Youtube videos were only old still pictures, no old/new, movies/video, of the Sunbeams.

...found YET.

BTW, I think the above Tiger is the Stan Peterson car, and the Taylor's Tiger is the Larry Reed car.

I think they are different cars?

MK, feel free to fill in the gaps about the May F Salt shaker Sunbeam.

DW

Last edited:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
The mere mention of ‘salt’ in relation to any Rootes product makes me cringe… I can hear the rust bubbles forming already as I write these words! :eek: ;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Both above Youtube videos were only old still pictures, no old/new, movies/video, of the Sunbeams.

...found YET.

BTW, I think the above Tiger is the Stan Peterson car, and the Taylor's Tiger is the Larry Reed car.

I think they are different cars?

MK, feel free to fill in the gaps about the May F Salt shaker Sunbeam.

DW
You might be tiger re Taylor's owning the Larry Reed car.

I recall reading on the internet a oage where i thought they had found Stans car . was roigh but still had the large rear libre wheels... Now I'll have to find that.

Re Mayfields Salt racer. Ill send some info...he ised to be very active on the tiger mail list in the mid 2010a.

alpine_64

Donation Time
The Peterson car:

rcstan3.jpg

And as it was a few years back when found:

65pas.jpg