• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Politics

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Past Presidents of the Sunbeam club have been Ian, himself, Mike Phillips, who knows an original Alpine like the back of his hand, and Scott, who currently and often DRIVES a restored SIII while putting regular wear on NOS floor mats.

Is Steve Silversteen an original type guy?

Hope this site doesn't wander from it's "Rootes."

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Very good question John, and something I struggled with for a long time before announcing that I was stepping down. I've served in an officer position at some level since the inception of this club over 12 years ago, and I was fearful that the club would dramatically change and as you say "wander from its Rootes".

Steve Silverstein is an original type guy, and would carry the flag well for our club. I believe all the current officers have a similar philosophy, being focused more on "stock / original" yet openly inviting any and all who share an overall interest in Alpines and Rootes vehicles.

The world is changing, and so is this club. I believe there's enough room for all groups to gather under our banner. As the website evolves we can certainly cater to everyone.

Hope that helps.

Past Presidents of the Sunbeam club have been Ian, himself, Mike Phillips, who knows an original Alpine like the back of his hand, and Scott, who currently and often DRIVES a restored SIII while putting regular wear on NOS floor mats.

Is Steve Silversteen an original type guy?

Hope this site doesn't wander from it's "Rootes."

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
John,

I have some fairly original Alpines, too... I even use one as my daily driver during the summer. (still has the original mats, too)

You know, each has candidate has their own strength... I certainly wouldn't say no if a V-6 guy was in the running.

Steve