• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine Series III-V or Tiger Installing an under carpet toolbox

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This video shows how we made a custom under carpet toolbox for our Alpine. It lets you retain a large, flat boot (trunk) floor but create a good size, secure space to keep all the tools, spares etc that you are likely to need.

If you are bored on a rainy day it gives something to do!

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Thats is very true Steve, that is my mistake. I've never owned a Tiger and forgot that the boot (trunk) area is different.
Apologies,

Tim R

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The Tiger has a false floor, and the false floor won't fit a tire that most of use run anymore. Some like me have take to a temp. spare out of a fox body stang. A Tiger version could be a false floor with the same type of raised section but maybe 3" as well as the odd shapes on the sides of the spare for stuff like a mat to lay on etc. I suppose you could do the same thing with a custom faux butt mat on the rear parcel shelf that looked like a cushion but would have needed things hidden below. Wow keep up the good work and suggestions.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I remember attending a BASH at Tiger Tom's house in the early 80's. There was a Tiger there (a highly personalized red MkII, if my memory is correct) that had a beautiful tool tray fitted into the bottom of the boot lid. It dropped down the way many modern luxury cars' do and had a full socket and wrench set in fitted compartments. I never saw the car again but remember being very impressed with the design and execution. Maybe someone else remembers the car and more details about how that one was done.