• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam Alpine: Fitting a Series V Soft Top (Part II)

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Bob, Got this wild hair to drive this piece of .... To Wisconsin. We'll see how that works out tops cheaper than trailers. Is it supposed to have door handles Damm missed that! Good thing I have Hagarty road service ea!!!!!!!!

65beam

Donation Time
Bob, Got this wild hair to drive this piece of .... To Wisconsin. We'll see how that works out tops cheaper than trailers. Is it supposed to have door handles Damm missed that! Good thing I have Hagarty road service ea!!!!!!!!
Joel,
I'm glad to hear you'll be in Wisconsin. There will be interest in what you built this time. That's now two old guys that will show up with new builds. Maybe Eric will show up with a new car.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
This video is the second of two that cover fitting a new soft top to a Series V Alpine. This job took us a number of days but the end result makes it well worth it.

Don't forget that you can go direct to You Tube and watch The Sunbeam Alpine Channel as well as accessing individual videos from the forum.

Tim R

Great video! I have seen many rag tops poorly installed on Sunbeams. Many missing parts, broken parts, and just poor installation. Fortunately I have a original hardtop in excellent condition that I used to set up a post gaps, and all window gaps. I am taking my car to a trim shop that is owned by a friend from high school. His lead top man is also a friend and a Brit car guy Jags, and TR 6. I am going to show him the video and have my laptop with me when we do the top.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Gordon, I am glad that you enjoyed the video. The thing that I find with Alpine tops is that it is crucial to get the material warm and keep it warm while fitting (which makes it a hot and sweaty job to do!) if you are going to get a nice tight fit. I usually take 2-3 days to fit a new soft top but, they don't leak and have minimal wind noise.
Tim R