• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes, hopefully someone on here bought her and restore it. The ones that are priced right don't last more than a week around here.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
1963 Series 3 Engine & Transmission for $200 (Not Mine)

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/pts/d/redwood-city-1963-series-sunbeam-alpine/7362497268.html
00C0C_6F2tHV0aR6fz_03S05a_1200x900.jpg
00g0g_3g5jkFvoBlFz_03S05a_1200x900.jpg
00X0X_7qjtUsHcbK1z_05a03S_1200x900.jpg

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Good of you to copy the picture.
Love the scabbed on pipes off some old motorcycle. Old school fart cans.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
That looks like a really good start at a very nice car, but I always love it when sellers write: "...stick a 289 in it and make a Tiger clone out of it, they are bringing big money!" Easy peasy. After all, the factory did it. How hard can it be?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
That looks like a really good start at a very nice car, but I always love it when sellers write: "...stick a 289 in it and make a Tiger clone out of it, they are bringing big money!" Easy peasy. After all, the factory did it. How hard can it be?

If it's that easy, why didn't they do it!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'll second that,most that has been posted here has nothing to do with your build.
I'll third that. If this was name that tune I could do it in ..... Well as many click as are miss placed replies , threads , or other topics. We use the same software vendor at CAT .
This one's become Woodley Park , CL finds, and the OP topic which was at Woodley Park right ? :)

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes it is, took a bit of time to get here because of the Pandemic. The kit includes everything you need, however the clutch will need to be upgraded first. Been putting that off since it takes quite of bit of time to do and space is very limited here. Are you putting stripes on your car?

Last edited:

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have not heard from the shop in a while again. The plan is for stripes, but I dont know if they have been applied yet.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
The time is past to upgrade the clutch, thanks to a very good friend I am able to move a car out of my tiny garage for a short period of time. There was just no way it could be done any other way. This will allow me to put the car in the center of the garage and get it done. Changing a clutch in this model is not easy or fast. You have to remove the entire exhuast up to the tailpipe, remove the alternator, cold air box, heat shields, transmission, lower front subframe at least 3" etc.
Looking to get this done in no more than two days, been watching Youtube™ videos on others that have done it (of course they have the luxury of a lift) and I will be doing it on jack stands......
The hardest part is getting the all the bolts at the top rear of the engine as they are so close to the firewall, there is just no other way. In the meantime I have been putting together what I can for the Supercharger of which has been put on hold until the clutch can be done.