• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I think my shoulder has recovered enough to update the front bar to balance out the handling more and reduce body roll. It will use the factory hardware and has an adjustment at the links to make it even stiffer if needed.32mm Sway Bar.JPG 32mm Sway Bar name.JPG

Last edited:

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I am glad to have put this off since it has only been 10-1/2 weeks since surgery and my PT advised me to wait.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Well as May is coming to a close I want to thank all involved for featuring my car for the calendar this year, it has been an honor. Wish you all a safe and happy Memorial weekend.
Spent the day yesterday doing spring cleaning around the garage and shop. I am now ready to install the sway bar and ordered a Supercharger to increase my RWP to 4oo hp. It will arrive in the next couple of weeks barring any unforseen issues. The system will be tested with low boost at first, then crank it up!

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Finally got the front sway bar mounted, went ahead and set it at the hardest setting. You can already tell that the car stays flatter and is more responsive at quick changes in direction.
Will take it out today for some testing.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
We took a ride over to a wheel widening/polishing company today.

http://www.etmags.com/

After talking to the operator, it is clearly cost prohibitive. Estimated cost to widen one wheel $450!
Ouch
From the looks of it, they do really nice work and just about do any combination you want if you have deep pockets.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Mike, you never stop amazing me!
Your reccomendation from the reviews I read is the best in the country and would have been my go to place to have it done. Unfortunately the cost is prohibitive for me.
Thank You

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Well, Judge Judy lies again. The were supposed to send me a postcard to notify when my episode would be aired. Just got a call from my sister that it is on now.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Just got a call from the company making the Supercharger to let me know there is a delay in manufacturing. I was hoping to have this on the car for the upcoming show......

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
In preparation for the extra power a new clutch was ordered from Ebay Wednesday afternoon and arrived Thursday before noon.

ACT Heavy Duty Clutch Kit.JPG

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I just checked the Woodbury Park website and they do not list the Queens English show on their schedule. However the flyer still shows August 1, 2021............Fingers crossed that the show will go on. Who will be there?