• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Sunbeam 2000 build

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I have, it's a good show. Am not sure how big it will be this year with all this stuff going on. I may go just to get the car out and sign up when I get there. This was 2016.
i-4Gjftbr-X3.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Finally got the car out for another shakedown. The trip to Clovis would have been just too far. Headed out towards Half Moon Bay and traffic was stalled....Plan B
Shot down the highway and cut over to Alice's Restaurant, I have never seen it that packed with Cafe racers, Lamborghinis, McLarens and Porsches!
From there stayed on La Honda road towards San Gregorio and again more traffic slowing me down, so we cut over towards Memorial Park and Pescadero. The weather was OUTSTANDING!
Top down all the way, so much fun. I can't wait for my shoulder to heal more so I can put a larger sway bar up front to decrease the body roll and make the car more nuetral.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
We got the new Stainless Steel rear bumper done finally, turned out really good!
The question I have for you experts is about the bumper guards (Overriders).
Is there supposed to be a rubber piece that goes against the bumper between the guards?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Mike,
Thanks for that info, I looked it up in their catalog and the profile is different from what I got from
https://groupharrington.com/
Will have to take a ride down to Sunbeam Specialties to compare, but from the onset theirs will probably be better.
Guy

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Jim,
I am blessed that Rick's store is so close to me. Here is a comparison of both overrider rubber pieces. As you can see the one supplied by Groupharrington is pretty much worthless as it does not take much pressure to "cut" through it as you are tightening things.100_4241.JPG 100_4242.JPG

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am not sure which is which, but I recently came across an original piece - I believe from a SII - that was hard and brittle from age. I am pretty sure the one on the left is a good match for that one.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
When I asked Rick for it he only offered one (the one on the right in the photo).
As you can see it is much thicker and has a more distinct profile. I would venture to guess that it was used on early and late Alpines.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Mike,
I do see some surface rust on the M/C cover and top of radiator. Is that what you are referring to?

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Just finished writing the article for May since the club was kind enough to feature my car this month.
Thank you to all !